Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Primarily

WIWW #26


pleated poppy



I'm experimenting with some basic primary colors lately.
I tend to feel more comfortable in neutrals, but every now and then I'll branch out a bit.

 Cardigan: Marshalls; Denim Dress & Red Belt: Thrifted; Shoes: Nine West Outlet

I found this denim dress at Goodwill... new with tags.  That's always fun.
It's slightly big, so I'm trying to slightly shrink it.
The belt is genuine snakeskin.  I hate snakes, but I like to say GEN-U-INE with a Texan accent.
Sorry if my legs are blinding you... I'm shielding my eyes.
That's enough random for this outfit.
Moving along...

 Cardigan: Target; Top: Thrifted; Scarf, Jeans, & Boots: Gifts

Patrick calls this my Greek outfit... all the white and blue, you know.
On Mother's Day Eve, I wore this to a restaurant called The Wild Donkey.
They serve Greek food and Mexican food.
I ate Mexican food in my Greek outfit while being 1/4 French.
Does this mean anything to you? 
Me either.

Sweater: Marshalls; Blouse: Kmart; Necklace: Lisa Leonard

I cut my hair.
Well, I didn't cut it, my nice stylist cut it and massaged my scalp.
To me, this is short and daring summer hair.
Nobody else even noticed.
I'm such a huge risk-taker, aren't I?

That is all... except my boys and I were talking about half birthdays yesterday, 
and I realized my half birthday is today.
Both my birthday and half birthday fell on a Wednesday...
That seems weird.
Does that always happen?

These are the kinds of things I think about when I am up past midnight.
I should have gone to bed at ten.

21 comments:

Chandra said...

I spy some things that need to make their way into my closet! New to your blog by way of the linkup and glad to have found your creative spot on the web!

Chandra
astylishlittlelady.com

Megan said...

Aw, I hate when I cut my hair and nobody notices! I think it looks great - looks healthy and I love the layers.

You look so cute in yellow, that cardigan is great. I like all those outfits!

cate @ wild ruffle said...

Oh, I love that sweater layered on top of your blouse! Happy half birthday to you:)

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Love the new dress and the last outfit is really cute...the sweater over the button down is a great look. And I love you hair! I'm way overdue for a trim and color...you've reminded me I need to call my salon! :)

ChristyB said...

I LOVE your "Mother's Day Eve" outfit. You are beautiful!!

Cassi Brightforest said...

I love the greek outfit. You pull off scarves so perfectly

the Blah Blah Blahger said...

The first outfit is totally singing to me! Those shoes are so cute and retro!

Denise said...

Shut up! I just one moment ago said to my kids "it's my 1/2 birthday today!" happy 1/2 to you too, friend! (only 1.5 years till the 40 for me).
You look fabulous in everything. Love that blue n white top.
1 MORE WEEK!!!!!!

Susan said...

I am seriously loving every look this week! Love the mustard on you, totally love the blue print (thrifted?!) top and that last loose knit sweater over blouse.
Plus this post is funny so points there too friend!!

Emily said...

Cute looks! My favorite is the second one.
Creamy

shopwithpippa.com said...

Just found you on the link-up at www.thepleatedpoppy.com ... and LOVE the Greek outfit!!!!!!!! pippa
www.shopwithpippa.com

Kathleen said...

Nice hair cut! Great length for you.

I love your first outfit the most. The yellow and red look perfect together.

Andee Eve@ bearing fruit said...

I love your new "short" hair! You are too cute. And I love that outfit with the genuine snakeskin belt. Precious. Just like you.
PS thanks for your sweet comment on mothers day. You have such a huge heart.
Love you!

Lisa @ MMT said...

Your comments about each outfit made me laugh! Genuin snake skin lol. I love the yellow cardigan with the dress! So bright and fun! Your hair cut looks good! All set for summer :)

Jodi said...

You are such a crack up :) Happy half-birthday! Love your outfits and daring new hair ;)

Laura@Splendor said...

Love that last sweater and blouse combo! So classy. You are so cute!

Laura said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so so so very much

and you crack me up...my sister is risky with her hair just as you are. 1/2 an inch off and she thinks she has been scalped.

me? i went in with my hair down my back, and came out looking like Hillary Swank in Boys don't cry.
I got hit on by a lot of women that summer.

Wholesale Jerseys from china said...

New to your blog by way of the linkup and glad to have found your creative spot on the web!

Justin Thompson - Next Generation Funding, LLC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Hi Linda! Sorry I deleted that last comment. Justin was logged in under his google acct so it posted my comment under him. But I didn't want you to think some guy was posting weird comments so I deleted it!

Anyways, I love wiww and look forward to your outfits. I love the second and third outfits. Your hair looks great! And happy half birthday to you! Your posts always make me giggle! Thank you for that! :)

Sarah Stright said...

I love the "Greek" outfit. So pretty. And I do the same thing when I cut my hair- I think it's all daring and then no one notices.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...