Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Maycation Edition

WIWW #27

pleated poppy


Memorial Day weekend, I had the great pleasure of hanging out with Denise's family.
They have a family cabin on Bass Lake.  It is just beautiful and breathtaking there.
They go every year for "Maycation."
We loved hanging out with Denise and getting to know her sweet family.
It was so fun and such a great blessing!
Thank you, Jones Family!!!


Dress: Nordstrom Rack; Necklace: F21 Clearance;
Tights: Target; Shoes: Payless forever ago

Denise specifically told me not to bring any clothes like this.
There are no fashion shows during Maycation.
She said I could even wear the same clothes every day and it would be okay.
So I did not bring any clothes like this, because I am good at following instructions.


Jacket: Billabong via Swell.com; Jeans: Tommy Hilfiger via GW; 
Shoes: Sperrys

The first morning was pretty chilly and overcast.  I was glad I brought my jacket.  
I love this jacket.  I copied a friend of mine and got it on clearance a couple years back for only $29.
It has a cute little detachable faux fur collar.

I learned from Denise's mother-in-law that these shoes are deck shoes.
I have been calling them boat shoes.
I am going to have to stop doing that, because I want to be an official boat person
who knows correct boat lingo.

I like to go really fast in boats.  Denise does not.
She let me go fast, because she loves me and she is a good hostess.

Fedora: F21; Boyfriend Cardigan: Tommy Hilfiger;
Top: Marshalls; Necklace: Lisa Leonard

Denise and I called each other to coordinate matching sunglasses, necklaces, gray, and stripes.
No we actually didn't... seriously.
She's got my son singing the Maycation song... you know that old Go-go's "Vacation" song?
When did you teach him that, Denise??  He said he got it from you!



Patrick has two very distinct Maycation looks.
First, the "Old Scottish Man with Flip Flops and a Tweety Bird Fishing Pole Look"
and 
Second, the "Laid Back Shades Look"

Be sure to vote for your favorite.

Somehow I have not a single photo of Denise's husband Michael.
That just means we have to get together again to fix that.
And because I need to practice Speed Scrabble so I can demolish him.

More Maycation photos to come in the near future.


15 comments:

Denise said...

you're adorbs! and very good at following maycation wiww instructions. although i thought you looked pretty cute all weekend.

next time i will bring my "deck shoes" they can hang out with your "deck shoes"... preferably on shore.

"maycation, all i ever wanted, maycation have to get away.." i was singing it, when i wasn't singing "come 'lettuce' worship and bow down."

i dislike "sad thirty" and bifurcating.

CoachZ said...

What the! I am on WIWW! That is not a sanctioned move MrsZ! You will pay dearly for that! Hopefully tonight ;-)

There is a picture of Michael's backside in one of the pictures of us together! Post it up girlfriend!

TDM Wendy said...

So fun! Love the coat. But I bet you were pretty bored with Denise and all. That lack of personality she has :)

hannah singer said...

fun fun!! cuties, all.
what a beautiful treat!

xo

Jeanine Byers said...

What great photos of your Maycation!! Glad you had a great time.

Ashley said...

A Maycation sounds like the best idea ever!!! you are so cute!

Courtney and Heather said...

Glad you had a great time. Maycation is just what I need!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Courtney~

love2sisters.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I'm voting for look #1. Very little rascals!
Looks like fun and you looked great doing it. My parent's cottage (here in Northern Ontario) is also on a Bass Lake! What are the chances?

cate @ wild ruffle said...

How fun! I was just telling my husband that I think we need to befriend someone with a cabin - or at the very least, a boat (since we live in a lake town). And I love your 'deck' shoes.:)

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Looks like such a fun and relaxing time! I really love that first dress, but your striped tee and hat is a perfect vacation look. Adorable!

TwoThirtyFiveDesigns said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! It is all fabulous!

I would be absolutely honored to have you link this up on my Casual Friday link up party that started yesterday, it would be perfect!

Thanks!
Allison http://twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com/

ChristyB said...

Looks like a great time. Hope you had lots of fun!

Ryan and Camille said...

We've always wanted to try out Bass Lake! Ive never been there and it seems like a fun place for a family. I am enjoying your photos and stories!

Jodi said...

Ok your husband's comment just cracked me up :)
What a fun trip? And didn't you meet Denise through blogland? I think that is so awesome that you've connected and are now vacationing together!!! I love the bloggy world!
(Oh, I should add, cute outfits my friend! :)

Jodi said...

And that was supposed to be an exclamation point above... I'm definitely not questioning whether it was a fun trip or not :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...