Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thinking Ahead


I wish I could see into the future, he mused.

Why is that? I replied.

Then, I would know who my wife is going to be, he smiled.

~

 I'm already praying for her... my son's future bride.

I pray that she loves Jesus, or comes to love Him soon if she doesn't know Him yet.

I pray that she will be kind and that beauty will radiate from her heart.

I pray that God will help her to make wise choices and that He will heal her hurts.

I pray that she has a servant's heart and is willing to give freely.

I pray that she loves little children.

I pray that she will glorify God and bless others with her gifts and talents.

I pray that she is able to cultivate an attitude of respect in the midst of a rebellious world.

I pray that she is patient and values her purity. 

I pray that she is slow to become angry and quick to forgive.

I pray that she will be my son's very best friend and his life-saving companion.

I pray that she will love my son even more than I do.

~

I also pray that I will be a good mother-in-law.

I pray that I will be loving and accepting... to see her as my own daughter.

I pray that she would feel comfortable calling me "Mom."

I pray that I will know when to offer gentle wisdom and when to step aside.

I pray that I will be encouraging and trustworthy.

I pray that I would delight in the person God created her to be.

 I pray that she will feel safe and welcome in my presence.

I pray that we will be able to laugh and know joy together.

I pray that we will be able to cry together, too.

~

I pray that someday, 
I will be able to let go of my cherished son, 
 into her loving arms.

And to know that God has arranged it all.




7 comments:

Susan Liberatore said...

This is beautiful but it also makes me sad. Sad to think that one day we have to let our boys go.
He's adorable by the way!

CoachZ said...

I'm crying...

Sandy said...

I'm crying, too. Touched beyond words. Your boys and their future wives are so blessed to have you praying for them in such a deep and loving way.

Tamera Beardsley said...

Linda...the beauty and soul of your writings... and images,,,(loving the black and white), thank you!

I not only have two sons, but also a college age daughter as you know. I have witnessed all three of my children growing relationships...as hard as it was for me in the beginning....realizing my position in their life was changing ...I feel nothing but blessed by the people they have chosen.

Thank you again for your beautiful writing and a chance to reflect.

Happy Easter to you and yours!

Denise said...

you and i we are praying the exact same things. maybe we should do a little matchmaking. :-)

LINDA said...

Beautiful!
xoxo

Linda from www.moonon.com

Andee Eve@ bearing fruit said...

This is so beautiful! I'm speechless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...