Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Springtime

WIWW #25

pleated poppy


It's getting nice and warm around here.  
I think I'll have to put the boots away if this keeps up!
 Dress: via Goodwill, brand new with tags

I wasn't too sure about this dress.  It's got an empire waistline.
Is is just me, or do empire waistlines remind you a little bit of maternity wear?
I'm choosing to think of it as a Jane Austen thing... Regency gowns are all the rage, right?

 Blouse: ??; Shorts & Scarf: Marshalls; Shoes: Naturalizers

When I was looking at this scarf at the store, there was a woman standing next to me.
It was like she came out of nowhere.
That's a really pretty scarf, she said, checking it out.
I'm thinking she wanted me to put it down, cause she stared and lingered... but I didn't.
That is the end of that story.

Sweater & Top: Marshalls; Gap jeans via Goodwill; Sandals: Nine West Outlet Clearance

About 10 years ago, I had the best sweater coat ever.  It was grey and super cozy.
It was also wool... and I put it in the washing machine.  Bad idea.
The sweater then went to live with my much shorter friend.
Although I can never replace that sweet sweater, this one makes me kind of giddy.
It's like a cape, and I get to be a super hero.
I have already been told twice that my sweater is hanging out my car door, almost dragging on the ground.
How do these super heroes manage their capes anyway?


22 comments:

Andee Eve@ bearing fruit said...

You are just the cutest! I love that white peasant blouse. And as for the superhero cape- you just keep Rollin, girl. I'm not sure what they do with their capes either! You make me smile!
Hugs-
Andee

ChristyB said...

You shouldn't have put that scarf down, it's very cute! I also love the red heels and the pop of color they add to your super hero cape.

Lisa @ MMT said...

I wish it was warm enough to put my boots away :) While I love boots, I'm totally ready for spring!

Your dress is so cute and springy! I'm loving that you got it from Goodwill!

Susan Liberatore said...

I love a good sweater coat.
And a good empire waist. Yes, it can look like you're pregnant but not when you are a size nothing like you are friend!
{and I say keep the boots out and put them on with the dress :)}

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Love the scarf story! LOL :) It is really beautiful so I'm glad you snatched it up! My boys would be all over that long sweater...they are REALLY into super heroes right now. :) And I feel a bit maternity-ish when I wear my empire waist dresses too. That would have absolutely nothing to do with the bit of baby weight I'm still hanging onto. ;) That dress looks great on you though!

Cassi Brightforest said...

I love love love the scarf.

My House of L said...

Hilarious! Love the outfits, you look great. I kind of feel the same way about empire waists. I think they look great on everyone else, but when I put one on I have flashbacks of being about 6 months pregnant!

Kathleen said...

I put the boots away last week...it was time. Then today it was pretty chilly, so I guess I should have waited.

I love your scarf, especially since you got a compliment on it before you even bought it (that's how I would look at the situation at least).

Lindsay said...

That scarf is so pretty! And I like the print on the dress too. The empire wasit looks good on you!

cate @ wild ruffle said...

You are hilarious. I'm picturing you driving around with the sweater flying alongside you:)

Glad you didn't put down the scarf - it's so pretty!

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

Those are beautiful outfits! And what a sweet dress!! I see what you mean about Jane Austen. I have always loved that style.

Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

Hahahaha, Linda!!! I loved reading about the woman and the scarf. My guess is that she wanted you to put it down, too. Too bad for her! And I do not think of maternity wear when I think of empire waistlines. You look very cute in it!

Audrey
www.puttingmetogether.com

Flor said...

yes! they do remind me of maternity dresses.. and the way it poofs out in my stomach area just makes me want to take it off :I
love love that scarf.
and i'm so ready for warmer weather, its not even funny.

Annie said...

You look so pretty in that dress, and LOVE the scarf! I love the warm weather, but I always get a little sad to put the boots away :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Erin said...

I loved reading the stories about each outfit. You look great! Thank you for the kind comment!

~julee~ said...

I have the same thoughts about empire waists - but only when I see them on me and not other people. What's up with that?

Court B said...

Thank you so much for the comment! You are so cute! The dress looks great on you and I LOVE that scarf!

Megan said...

I can see why she was waiting for you to put down the scarf - it's so pretty!

As for the dress, I actually really like it on you and it has a great pattern for spring :)

Have a great weekend.

Denise said...

all three outfits are great!

i like an empire wait. accentuates the positive eliminates the negative (most of the time).


i stopped wearing my cape years ago because it always got stuck in the car door...i'm just sayin.

Tamera Beardsley said...

Linda i love the long sweater...so stylish and dramatic! Enjoy each wear!

Elyssa said...

You definitely don't look preggo in that dress! I love that long sweater! So fun and unique!

Bethany Watts said...

Is that the dress you were telling me about? You look absolutely beautiful in it!!! I think it's just right :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...