Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Venting.

Scaling the Mountain: Part 4


I don't know why I am writing this post.  There is not anything excellent or praiseworthy or good to think about.  I stepped on the scales (or is it scale... I can never get this one straight) and I have officially gained 10 pounds since this summer.  Fan-freaking-tastic!

I had originally gained 12 pounds a couple years ago, for no apparent reason.  Then I found out I had serious issues with my thyroid and cortisol levels and such.  I have since been on a very restrictive diet... no dairy, no gluten, no sugar, no coffee, no grains, nothing I'm allergic to... no fun.  So I lost all the weight and felt much more like myself.

Recently I have started adding back in some whole grains (which I apparently can't metabolize), and I've been working with various new meds and hormones... and what do I get?  10 pounds and 6 1/2 inches, pretty much all in my stomach and hips.  Please make them go away!!

This morning my husband said, I don't think you should worry about the weight.  I think you should just keep eating healthy and work towards being well.  And besides,  I love every inch of you!  (He raised his eyebrows and smiled coyly when he said that part.)

Ok, there's the excellent, praiseworthy thing.  I found it.  I have an encouraging, understanding, loving husband.

And to celebrate... I have decided to throw a virtual chocolate tasting party.  You are all invited, right here and now.  I'm virtually eating some Swiss milk chocolate truffle.  I am imagining to be delicious and amazing.  It is melting in my mouth, cascading down my throat, and it smells divine.  There are zero calories.  Here are some squares for you...

So tell me, what will you be eating at my virtual chocolate party... and will you share it?  
And do you have anything good to celebrate lately?

9 comments:

Susan Liberatore said...

I agree with your husband! You look great and if you're feeling good :: that is what is most important.
I don't do virtual chocolate since I eat the real thing every.single.day. I may or may not look about 4 months pregnant right now. Too many chocolate covered almonds. So hard to resist!!!

Denise said...

have you seen how incredibly thin you are?!?!! my advice is EAT MORE CHOCOLATE!

because it is milk chocolate i will take a nibble.

Megan said...

Aw, your husband is so sweet :) I will definitely join you in eating some virtual chocolate!

Cassi Brightforest said...

I am eatting dark chocolate and sea salt. YUM

Shanna said...

Wish I had something to celebrate, but I don't really! Life has just been extremely CRAZY! And you know how I feel about the gaining weight thing, I have truly gained since this summer, 20lbs. And is is from my meds, as you mentioned above, and from my treatment I get every other week. I have tried watching what I eat, and was hoping with physical therapy I would be able to shed a pound or two, and I haven't been able too! I was looking at our wedding pictures yesterday with my babies, and I look at my husband, and told him that at least he does have pictures to prove that at one time I was skinny and hot! He laughed and told me I was still hot:) Sometimes you just need to hear that, especially when your going through a time like this. It isn't easy, and I know that!

As for what I would be eating, it be mint M&Ms or maybe this Caribbean Rum Cake I have on my desk that a friend got me (it has 400 calories, for just one piece). I've also been craving a cupcake with really rich icing, I LOVE ICING! I have such a sweet tooth!

Take care!

xoxo, Shanna

Amy said...

I totally get how you feel. I have an extra 5 pounds on me I'd love to loose but I just can't do it. Exercise is too much work and I just love food too much to stop eating the junk. I tried on the bra bustier that I wore for my wedding 9 years ago hoping I could wear it under my bridesmaid dress next month.....not going to happen. I had to suck in more than I've ever sucked before to get it on and I'm shocked it didn't just pop off. I'm a good 10 pounds heavier than when I got married. sigh.
Your virtual chocolate party is perfect timing as I sit her typing eating cadbury milk chocolate eggs, YUM! I told you I love food too much. :)

Simply Sara said...

you need to listen to your husband.
he's super smart.

and you are just beautiful.
you hear me?!?!

Heather said...

I love this virtual chocolate tasting party, but I am afraid I just gobbled up all the chocolate covered pretzels that I would have shared. I simply can not resist them. They will be the death of me.

p.s. I HATE scales. I try to not get on them. If my clothes fit then I am OK. Once they start to get a little snug, then I worry.

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

Awww, how sweet! What a good hubby you have.

I'll have some oreos and hot chocolate, please...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...