Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How Long Can I Wear Boots?

WIWW #24

pleated poppy

It is springtime.  Time to put winter clothes away.
I can't seem to put my fall boots away though.
Yesterday, I saw my dad, and he said, "You really like those boots, don't you?"

YES!
I wear them A LOT!
I'm getting ready to say goodbye and put them in their box until next fall.
It's going to be difficult.
I'm gearing up.

Not today, though.  Still have the boots today.
Can I have them until the end of March?

Sweater & Tank: Marshalls; Gifted Necklace: Etsy Linkel Designs;
Jeggings: Walmart; Gifted Boots: Bandalino via Macy's


Sweater: Target; Dress: Old Navy ($6 woohoo); Belt: Thrifted;
Same boots; Socks; Macy's

I saw this outfit on Pinterest, so I decided to be a copycat!
I would not have thought to put black, taupe, and brown together, but I liked it!


Sweater and Jeans: Goodwill

It was sweater day at Goodwill.  
This was in the "tops" section, but it is sweater material so I got it for $1.

I'm a sucker for embroidery, so I couldn't pass it up.  And it looked brand new. Yay!



Jason gave me a Dory sticker, so I put it on my mirror.
Can't you hear her?
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

19 comments:

My House of L said...

I feel the same way about my boots! We've had to 80 degree weather here the past two weeks, so boots are getting a bit hot! Great outfits...love the pinterest inspired one;o)

Denise said...

i think the brown, black, gray look great together. i will be wearing my boots until june. so there.

Kathleen said...

Great dress from Old Navy!

Cindy said...

Very nice outfits and colors, Linda. I love taupe and black together, so it makes sense that brown would go too. It's fun to get outside of the box sometimes.
Have a great day! Cindy

Kym ((bitty)) said...

thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
i am with you about the boots. i don't want to put mine away either! sometimes i just suffer through the heat and wear them with shorts in summer. so worth it. :)

xo
kym
bitty.and.bunny

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

Sure, why not? In some places, it's still quite cold, so I'm sure they're wearing boots. You look great in them, too!

cate @ wild ruffle said...

I think you can wear those boots all summer long with sundresses- I know I plan to wear mine!

Katie said...

i love boots too! and at least by me in chicago it can still be cold much into "spring" so I say boots are still good! love the dress/belt/boots and all the neutrals together!

Danavee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You already know that I approve of boots in March!

Susan said...

I say you can totally keep wearing them through end of April when it may just get too warm. Love your looks this week! Very nice!

~julee~ said...

Yep, I say keep on going with your boot-wearing bad self! I love the look of sundresses with boots (especially cowgirl boots)!

Cassi Brightforest said...

I wore my boots this week too. I can't seem to give them up before memorial day. And I take the right back out by labor day.

Savvy Southern Chic said...

Love the pinterest inspired outfit! And wear your boots as long as you are comfortable. For me, it's opened toe shoes now, it's already hitting 80.

Karen said...

Hi Linda! I feel the same way about putting away my boots! Love, love, love your sweater/top in the first pic. So pretty!

ChristyB said...

I hear you! Love the tall boot trend!! They look great with your outfits. Just think, you'll have something to look forward to next fall when you can take them out of the box again.

Heather said...

I am still wearing my boots too. I am not ready to put them away yet. Love your taupe cardigan. I too am admitted copycat. Pinterest is full of great outfit ideas... and more!

Megan said...

Ohhh I hear ya, I had such a hard time packing up my boots for the new season :(

I think you are good through the end of March, which means you should wear them all day today and tomorrow :)

Have a great weekend!

My Times In His Hands said...

This post made me smile. Yes, you can wear those boots as long as you like! I love my boots, too!

Rachel Kaylynn said...

I really like your second look. So simple but yet super cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...