Monday, March 5, 2012

Eating Squirrel

Circa June 2011 on his 6th Birthday

Jason and I were talking about the book of Ezekiel the other day. 

Did you know that God had Ezekiel eat a scroll? I asked.

A squirrel? he asked, a little horrified.

No, not a squirrel, a scroll, I laughed.

Why?

Well, God wanted Ezekiel to really have His Word go deep into His heart, 
so He had Ezekiel actually eat a scroll that had His words on it.

Hmmm,  Jason thought.

Do you know what it tasted like?

Uh, no, Jason grimaced.

It tasted like honey.  
Isn't that amazing... I thought it would taste gross.  
But that is how God wants His Word to taste to us... sweet like honey.

I think this is enough concept for me, Mom.

I thought that was hilarious... enough concept!!  

God's word is sweet, even when it's hard.  
But sometimes I have to stop and ponder for a while, too.  
Sometimes I've had enough concept, too, and I have to meditate for a while.  
To  let it really sink in... to really digest it.

God is patient with me... and then I'm ready for some more concept!  

Ready to eat some more scroll!

7 comments:

hannah singer said...

linda, amen!
i am super loving this. your writing always rings true.
i'm ready for more scroll, too!

xo

Jodi said...

Love it! And I love the funny things kids say - how cute :)

Shanna said...

Too funny, put a smile on my face! I love the picture, he is so handsome!
xoxo, Shanna

Simply Sara said...

you are so fun.
i love your writing style.
truly- WRITE A BOOK!!!
;)
i'll buy it!

i lovey love love this post!

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

What a wonderful lesson and I love the humor our children add to it. :) The other day I told my son Ben that we were going to IKEA and he said "that's the short guy from the Bible!" IKEA = Zaccheus. :)

Denise said...

your boy sounds like my boy when he's had enough, "concept."

his word is hard to chew sometimes, but so so so nourishing. i just finished leviticus and am now in hebrews. leviticus is hard to chew, and swallow, and digest. but hebrews is now making sense of that meal. i like how God does that. feeds me eggplant and fish (blech), and shows me in hind-sight how good it was for me.

Erica Wiggenhorn said...

Linda I am laughing out loud after reading this! LOVE it! Love your false assumptions post too- your honesty is exhilarating and refreshing!!

Keep writing girl...you have a gift!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...