Friday, February 3, 2012

Written Blessing



I got an email from my mom this week.  She was talking to her sister Nancy a few days ago, because unfortunately, my aunt had broken her arm.  They got to talking about me during the course of their conversation (I knew I felt my ears burning!)  My mom asked her if she'd ever seen the photos I had taken of her art studio a few years ago.  I had had the privilege of sleeping in the studio surrounded by her lovely paintings and art supplies and I loved it.  She is so inspiring, and I feel more artistic just being in her presence.

Back to the email.  Aunt Nancy wrote a little something about me and passed it along to my mom.  I know that she is completely biased in her assessment of me, but it was such a complete blessing to read these sweet words that she wrote about me.  It meant so much... because I love her so much.

she sings like an angel.
   
    she writes with the heart of a poet.
 
    she sees with the eye of an artist.
 
    she is sweet as apple pie.
 
    the whole world must love her.
 
    that’s our linda!   
    
 
 Do you speak and write blessings into the lives of those you love?  Have you ever had a specific blessing spoken to you that somehow changed or affirmed the course of your life?  I think words have so much power.  It's so important to say them with wisdom and goodness.  Who will you bless today?


7 comments:

CoachZ said...

Truer words have never been spoken or written!

dina vanessa mercado said...

very nice pics!!! following you

now...

visit my blog!!!

http://voguelyvan.blogspoty.com/

kisses!!!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Linda...I've never heard you sing ....but I will truly vouch for the rest!!!

CharityLiz said...

Those words are so true of you, and I love how you challenge others to consider how they can write blessings into other's lives. Words are so powerful, indeed!

Andee Eve@ bearing fruit said...

Amen and amen! We have the power to speak blessings or curses in the tip of our tongue. What a sweet shower of blessings to you from your aunt.
xoxo
Andee

Denise said...

you know how i feel about blessing written and spoken! ABSOLUTELY necessary. love this. love it! i know this part of the world,me, loves you!

Susan said...

How sweet is your husband with his sweet comments on each post?!

So...you can sing...interesting...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...