Monday, February 6, 2012

Smitten Mittens

Or maybe Love Gloves?



I saw some cute heart gloves on Etsy the other day... or maybe it was Pinterest.  I'm not sure.

I decided to make my own while watching the Super Bowl yesterday.  (I am upset that my usually successful technique of choosing the winning team based on the color combo I liked best didn't work this time.  Apparently the Patriots did not get my memo.)

Anyway, I got out a pair of $0.70 clearance gloves from Target and found a random piece of felt.  I didn't have any red, so I used tangerine.

Then, I cut out a heart, cut it in half, and hand-sewed each half on to the the gloves using red thread and a blanket stitch.  Pretty simple.

Warm hands, warm heart.


14 comments:

Amy said...

Super cute!! I *love* them.

CoachZ said...

Wow! How did you get the picture I took to look like that! Awesome!

Linda Z said...

I have magic ways, my dear husband. :)

CoachZ said...

Yeah you do!

Sandy said...

LOVE IT, LOVE YOU! ♥

patience said...

hahaha, i just laughed out loud at your team picking method! my husband always asks me who is going to win in ufc...little does he know i'm just picking the cutest athlete...

Karen said...

Very cute!

Cassi said...

I just love these!

Megan said...

Those are darling!!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Adorable my friend...simply adorable.

Denise said...

we use the same method to choose a team!

cute gloves. from oct-march i do not step outside gloveless.

Susan said...

Brilliant!
I love them.

Marionberry Style said...

Such a cute idea!! Love this...
XO - Marion

TDM Wendy said...

First crocheting and now this? I don't know if we can be friends anymore. Next thing you are going to tell me is that you make sushi. Not that I like sushi, but my son and husband love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...