Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Skirts in Winter

WIWW #22

pleated poppy

I've been wearing a lot of skirts and dresses lately. 
 That seems logical seeing that it's winter, right?

 Dress: Goodwill; Necklace: Thrifted; Rust Tights: Target; Shoes: Rummage Sale

I guess this outfit is an experiment in extreme thrifting.  
I think the entire thing cost around $12-13.
Aside from the fact that my tights are blending in to the floor, that's not bad.
Then again, it might look a little bit Halloween.
What would you do with a black and white dress?

Sweater: Old Navy; Pleated Skirt:  Goodwill; Boots: gift/Bandolino via Macys;
Bag: Calvin Klein

I don't think this outfit does much of anything for me, except make me comfortable.
I included it because I wanted to show you that Mama's got a brand new bag.



I saw Midnight in Paris and I got a crush on Rachel McAdams bag in the movie.
This has never happened to me before.  
It's just a bag.  I usually pay about $25 for a purse and use it until it wears out.
I did some research and discovered that this is a Chanel bag that runs around $4,000.
Shazam! That's like a car.
I guess if I was going to suddenly like a bag, it may as well be a really good one... but yikes!
(And off the subject... have you seen The Vow?  Is it good?)


So I looked around and found a Kate Spade bag for only $400 something... 
that would be around 90% off the Chanel, but that is still nowhere near my $25 range.
I finally found a Calvin Klein bag on eBay for around $70, but I got sniped at the last second.
Grrrrr, snipers!  I really liked that one.


I ended up finding this CK bag on eBay for only $59 & free shipping, so I bought it with some b'day money.
It doesn't have chain details, and it's more of a hobo, but I think it actually suits me better.
And it's really soft.  
I wouldn't admit to petting it though... that would be embarrassing.

Top: Marshalls; Flower: Crocheted by me; Skirt: old Casual Corner;
Boots: same; Socks; Macys

This is what I wore on Valentine's Day. 
Patrick thinks this top is a throw back to the 80's.
I thought it was more of a kimono kind of thing.

My mom and dad took us out for a big family date!
It was to a Japanese restaurant... so therefore it must be a kimono top.
Sorry, Patrick, but we can banter about it if you want.

Did you have a happy heart day?

25 comments:

Tamara said...

I saw "The Vow" on Sunday night and it was good. Really sad, but sweet. All Nicholas Sparks stuff is sad! haha

two birds said...

i like your bag better, actually! and i adore your valentine's outfit...the little flower detail is so precious!

Sherri said...

I LOVE all 3 of your outfits! My favorite is your Vday one. Of course, being a Goodwill shopper myself; I also adore your b/w dress. Awesome purse, I've been scouting GW for a great new one too.

Megan said...

LOVE your Valentine's Day outfit, so cute, that flower pin is adorable. I definitely think it's more kimono and less 80s.

I have a black & white dress that I thrifted recently and haven't figured out quite what to do with it. I actually really like yours paired with the rust tights, it adds some fun color.

Haha! I was lusting after McAdams' bag in Midnight in Paris as well (she always looks adorable and this movie was no exception!). I haven't seen The Vow yet, but I really want to.

Susan said...

I haven't seen The Vow but want to! Have heard it's sweet.
Love the Valentine's look! And your new bag.

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Ooh I absolutely love your last outfit! I don't think that top is 80's at all...very stylish and flattering! We had a happy Valentine's Day...spoiled the boys with treats and my got to go out just the two of us so that was nice. :)

Kathleen said...

Black and white dress=awesome. Gorgeous.

Amy said...

As usual you look fab in all of your outfits! The tights work in the first outfit with the necklace, the second outfit is beautiful and looks so comfy and casual, love the new bag, and the addition of your crocheted flower is genius! You are awesome, can I come borrow some clothes?? :)

Denise said...

the last outfit is my favorite. like your crocheted flower. nice touch. i have a few made with love by my g-ma.

i almost wore a skirt on sunday. almost. too cold for me.

try green tights with the b/w dress next time. mix it up.

Paige said...

I do love your new bag...it looks good on you too!!! And I really love your Valentine outfit.

:)
paige

Rachael said...

Flower is amazing- can't believe you made it yourself! A really chic nod to Valentine's without being OTT. Rx

http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.com/

Cassi Brightforest said...

I love the Valentine outfit. So cute.

Chelsie said...

You have some of the cutest outfits! I'm loving the tights and bag :)

cate @ wild ruffle said...

I love the bright tights with the black and white! And your bag is so fun. And so much better than the $4000 version.

Laura Burtis said...

I'm SOOO impressed that you got your top outfit for that price! It's so dang cute! And I love your new bag! Absolutely adorable!!

Melanie said...

You look so pretty in all your outfits. That's great that you can wear dresses and skirts in the winter. I haven't seen The Vow but it looks good! Love your last outfit esp with the flower and it is so not 80's! :)

Caitlin@cait. create. said...

Cute! I keep feeling like wearing dresses and skirts too :) It gets a little too cold here though sometimes.

ChristyB said...

I love your bag and this week's dresses. And, I so want to see the Vow but I'm afraid I'll cry like a baby. Maybe I should just wait until it comes out on DVD.

Tamera Beardsley said...

Such a fresh sweet post...and you look beautiful as always my dear!

Christi said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. You look great! I have been known to love a good bag as well. My husband didn't understand until I compared it to one of his fishing rods or his boat. Ha. Now he understands my obsession with purses.

Jodi said...

Yeah for new bags! Love yours, and sounds like a great deal. I also LOVE the outfit you're wearing it with, what are you talking about, not looking good on you! The last outfit is super cute too - love the top and your flower :)

the lovebirds said...

new bags are the best. I am loving your last outfit. so gorgoues! xo

Andee Eve@ bearing fruit said...

You are just the cutest! I love your new bag! And the kimono top. Cute! Love the re flower detail too!
xoxo
Andee

TDM Wendy said...

You are so fancy with your HANDBAG. So much higher profile than a purse. And I saw that last outfit and loved it - love the gray with the flower. And then you said you crocheted it and I thought "dang you crochet lady." I have no skils such as those. But you are looking so cute!

Flor said...

i love all your outfits! and that purse is super cute, it fits you very well -- not too big nor too small. you look beautiful in your pictures and i love your hair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...