Friday, February 17, 2012

The Pirates of Bathroom Cove


There are pirates living in my bathroom.  They docked quite some time ago.... right on the counter top.  Sometimes they venture out to sea, but they always return.  A bit soggy.

Once I turned on the bathroom light, just trying to go about my business.  I was shocked to see that they were engaged in a duel, right in front of my sink.  How does one wash their hands without getting slashed by dueling pirates?  I had to use the kitchen sink that day.  I didn't want to take the risk.

I thought the red one had succumbed to an untimely demise.  He was aboard his ship with the green one standing over him gloating, with dark victory in his eyes.  Red must have only taken a bad fall from the mast though, because he was back to his dastardly deeds within the week.

At first I didn't know how I felt about these swarthy fellows taking up residence next to the throne.  But I am at peace with them now.  Someday they will set sail and find another port, undoubtedly wrecking havoc along the way.  In their place will be razors and shaving gel, hair products and deodorant.  The mirror will no longer reflect imaginations at play, but handsome young men grooming and primping for dates with pretty young women who have stolen the treasure of their hearts.  Young men who will dream of other adventures in life... dreams that reach far beyond the shelter of Bathroom Cove.

But for now, I'm glad that there are little buccaneers who pilfer my heart everyday.

8 comments:

Chelsie said...

Those are too cute! This post made me smile.

Anonymous said...

Your sense of humor is refreshing!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Linda this brought tears to my eyes...just beautiful...for we are onto razors and hair gel here....

Cassi Brightforest said...

What a cute story

hannah singer said...

linda, i love this. i love how you see life. blessing to my soul. love you!

Flor said...

i had to laugh when i read your post! i find my little boys legos all over the place.. and even though i grumble about it, i know that soon enough i'll miss it. loved your pirate story :)

Simply Sara said...

sigh.
if only there would be pirates forever.

love your heart linda!
xoxo
i have missed you!

Ryan and Camille said...

Awww, right now we have little fish in our tub and towels with animals hanging around...so sweet! Thanks for the reminder and, by the way, well written!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...