Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Navy & Salmon on the Brain

WIWW #21

pleated poppy

Lately, I keep dressing in variations of navy & stripes, salmon, and tangerine. 
Maybe the current heat wave has me thinking of spring.  
Or maybe my little son Jason is wearing off on me... he loves orange.
And I love him.

 Necklace: F21; Cardigan: Target; Top: Ralph Lauren Outlet;
Jeans: Gap via Goodwill; Heels; Nine West Outlet clearance

I have to admit that I got the idea for this outfit from Audrey over at Putting Me Together.
She was inspired by Linda at Little Tin Soldier.
They are both very cute.
So I guess this is a copy of a copy.
I'm ok with not being that original... I need the help.


Cardigan: Target; Top: Marshalls; Tank: Nordstrom Rack;
Jeans: Walmart; Boots: Gift, Bandolino

I wore this on our impromptu visit to Hearst Castle.
It was a beautiful day. 
Except my top kept riding up funny... bad top!

Top: Marshalls; Necklace: gift, Linkel Designs on Etsy;
Skirt: Goodwill; Shoes: Sperrys

I got my hairs cut... did you catch that?
If you did, you get an A+ for eagle eye observation skills.
It feels so much lighter... my locks were getting so out of control and heavy.

I have had salmon pants or skirt on my mental thrifting list for quite a while now.
It's like "Go Fish."   I finally got what I wanted... just took a little patience and about 3 bucks.

Dress: Nordstrom Rack; Boots: Bandolino

I got this dress over the summer and I'm finally getting around to wearing it.
I'm slow that way.
Anyway, I should probably accessorize it somehow.
Do you have any ideas for me?


24 comments:

Denise said...

you are darling.

i have an appt. to get my hair done tomorrow. might CHOP IT! might. maybe. i don't know.

Amy said...

Your hair is so gorgeous I'm so jealous!! I love the copy of a copy look, layering is so much fun. The blue dress is also very pretty and you could have thrown on a chunky belt or a pretty necklace to really jazz it up. Have a lovely day friend!

Shanna said...

The first two outfits are very cute. Navy is a good color on you. The last dress would look cute with a belt. You could even play around with adding a cardigan, for some more color and a necklace. It's a pretty dress!
xoxo, Shanna

~julee~ said...

I am the queen of not-accessorizing, sorry to be of no help. But I do love all of your stripey looks!

Laura said...

I love all of your outfits! I can't pick my favorite :)

Susan said...

Love the hair! And all the navy, so fresh w orange.
I say gold accessories - lots of 'em!

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Love your first outfit and the navy dress is adorable and very flattering! I think a long chunky necklace would look great with it!

CoachZ said...

You could accessorize with me...I'll hang all over you all day ;-)

Karri said...

I love that navy dress! Maybe with a bright necklace??
I also love your necklace in #1.

KelleyJohnson07 said...

That salmon skirt outfit is definitely my favorite of the bunch. The colors are great, I love stripes, those shoes are adorable, and HELLO cute hair! So yeah, it's pretty much perfection ;)

Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

Such cute outfits, Linda! You could accessorize that dress in the last picture so many ways. If the tie belt comes off, experiment with different combos of a statement necklace, a belt, and/or fun shoes. Usually having 2 out of those 3 is just enough, and depending on how loud or busy each of those items is, 3 could work. But you usually don't need them all.

For a classic look, try neutral pumps like nude or grey. Add a thin light colored, tan or leopard belt, and/or add a statement necklace to fancy it up and keep it classic. Just make sure all of those together don't get overwhelming.

Or you could make it fun with colorful shoes like with those amazing orange/red heels in your first pic or colorful flats. Add a necklace or belt that doesn't compete with the colorful shoes, and you'd still look classic with a little bit of OOMPH. :)

Linda Z said...

You are my very best accessory, my dear husband! Thank you for still wanting to hang out with me all the time after 22 years.

ThisLittleMomma said...

Cute outfits! Thanks for commenting on my post!
Nicole

Jodi said...

Love your color combo theme, I need some salmon and navy in my wardrobe. And I LOVE the new dress - just add a fabulous necklace if you feel it's not enough on it's own! (Or go with your hubby's idea... how cute :)

cate @ wild ruffle said...

I'm loving the colors! And tangerine is the number 1 color for 2012, according to the folks who make those kind of decisions, so you're right on trend.:) I love that navy dress - I'd go with some stacked bracelets or a couple of long layered necklaces and you're good to go.

Tamera Beardsley said...

Linda, love your hair...you are So beautiful my dear!

Savvy Southern Chic said...

Love all the navy! I'd get a long bright necklace to go with the dress.

Megan said...

These are such cute outfits!! Absolutely LOVE the necklace in the first look. As far as accessorizing the dress, I think a long gold necklace and some delicate gold bangles would look awesome :) It's a beautiful color on you!

Lisa @ MMT said...

I love all your outfits! I'm jealous of your warm weather ;) that last dress looks amazing on you. I like that you paired it with boots, so cute. I would say a belt around your waist would be a good accessory.

Mae said...

goodness I love that skirt! and of course stripes are my latest addiction! you look great!
following you now love
xx

Enter the giveaway for my new jewelry boutique!

Heather said...

Um... Your hubby had the best comment on here, hands down. I think I have that white cardigan from Target. I am kind of into pink and navy right now, so my two cents on the accessory would be a bright pink belt... oooh! What about yellow? That would be fun too.
And can I add that central coast has some of the best thrift stores? I had some sweet success last time I was up there.

Cassi said...

I love the navy/salmon color. That dress from Nordstrom Rack is my favorite, though! I bet it will look great with those salmon sandals in the summer :)

C* said...

Your style is so nice, confy and chic :)

My House of L said...

Great looks! Love the skirt/sperry combo, looks so comfy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...