Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Random January Outfits

WIWW #20

pleated poppy

Here are some random outfits.
I think some of them may be from December, but don't tell.

Hat: Handmade; Top: Thrifted Anne Klein; Tank: Ross; Jeggings: (gift) Walmart;
Boots & Socks: (gift) Macy's

I crocheted this hat myself... with my own bare hands.
Last year, I decided I needed to learn to crochet before I turned 40, so I learned on YouTube.
If ever you decide you don't want to do your hair or put on any makeup,
wear a hat and some boots and no one will notice.
The art of distraction.
At least I think they won't notice... people are probably too nice to say.

Cardigan: Marshalls; Dress: F21; Tank: Nordstrom Rack;
Belt: Goodwill; Boots: Macys; Earrings: ??; Necklace: Vintage Pic N' Save

I wore this on Christmas Eve, but let's just pretend I wore it for New Year's or something.
Like I went to an amazing party and I was out dancing 'til 3am.
Ya... I went to bed at 10:30.
Anyway, I love this dress... I got it on clearance for about $11.
I heart it and it makes me smile.  And it's very "me" when I want to be loud.

Cardigan: Target; Dress: Ross; Leggings: Walmart; Bag: Made by my SIL;
Shoes: Naturalizers; Necklace: Lisa Leonard

This outfit I definitely wore in January.
This was my anniversary weekend... 18 years of wedded bliss.
I wrote a whole post about marriage and purity and stuff here if you're interested.

Since I've been dealing with chronic illness so long, it's been a long while since I rode a bike.
Patrick got the great idea to rent a bike and he pedaled me all over the place.
It was so very fun... loved every second!
Every single person we passed smiled or waved... 
I think tandem bikes are kind of like boats and trains, they are just sentimental and fun!


Later, I put on this infinity scarf, because it's super cold in California, you know.
I crocheted this with my bare hands as well, so that I could brave the harsh winter.

Sorry, I really would share the sunshine with you if I could!!
Hope you are all keeping warm and having a great New Year!


29 comments:

Shanna said...

Go you! Love the F21 dress, very cute! And happy anniversary! Glad you had a perfect date! We all need those sometimes:)
xoxo, Shanna

Susan said...

You are quite the crochet"er". Very nice.
And I totally agree...I often throw on a hat and cute boots and act like I actually showered and tried. Brilliant!

Kathleen said...

Your scarf is beautiful! Love it.

ALso love the F21 dress. A beautiful pattern.

Jodi said...

It's true, we're all jealous of your weather right now! Also jealous of your awesome boots and adorable F21 dress! Cute, cute, cute.

Amy said...

That hat is awesome!! I have only made hats for my girls dolls because for some reason I always loose count and forget what row I'm on, etc so I can't make a hat. The second outfit with the dress looks FANTASTIC on you! And whoohoo for your scarf, looks like it should keep you warm if you ever decided to leave CA and go somewhere a little cooler. I like how wide you made it....maybe I should make another...

{cuppakim} said...

your christmas eve outfit is gorgeous. and love the long curly locks.

tandem biking is adorable. of course you guys caused a scene. ;)

my dad is a cyclist - and always has been - he bought a tandem for him and my mom...and then my mom got prego with me....so they sold it.
SO SAD because i think they are so awesome.

Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

Tandem bike! How cute (and super sweet) that Patrick pedaled you everywhere. I really like your outfit with the dress, mustard cardi and boots. Looks awesome on you!

Sherri said...

You are TOO adorable for words! Seriously LOVE your style. The 'loud' dress is my personality. LOL And the bike outfit is totally comfy and cute.
Oh yes, thrifting...get yourself there! ;-)

~julee~ said...

I would like to personally invite you down (over?) to Kentucky. They are predicting snow for tomorrow, and you can wear all of the super cute winter gear you want. ;)

skippysays said...

I love the blouse and hat in the first outfit, and the dress in the second!
http://www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Your outfits are all adorable! I especially love the patterned dress. And I love your handmade scarf!

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

Great outfits! I particularly love the infinity scarf.

But like you, I also have scarves I can't wear because it doesn't quite get cold enough. Or not for long.

Abbie said...

Oh. my. goodness!

No way you are 40. No way and NO fair!

Oh, and I think I might keel over from awesomeness overload from that dress in the second outfit.

LOVE it!

Also the pic of you and sweet hubby on the tandem bike looks like something out of a magazine.

Also, great job on the crocheting (hat and scarf are sooo fun!). It's on my bucket list for sure!

Also, you're gorgeous!

: )

~Abbie

cate @ wild ruffle said...

Oh, you are inspiring me to learn to crochet - with my own bare hands.;) Happy Anniversary!

Simply.Lovely.Things said...

Love the beanie and well all of your outfits. The bike pic is too cute!

New follower from The Pleated Poppy



www.simply.lovely.things.com

Mrs. Dunbar said...

That is amazing that you learned to crochet from YouTube. I love that hat. I actually bought one very similar this year, from a dept. store. Not quite the same.


And I love that dress too. Very versatile and bold.

Denise said...

you are adorable in every outfit.

i will not learn to knit! i won't i won't i won't!!! (shh, i've kinda been thinking i want to) I WON'T!

Lindsay said...

Your outfits are so cute this week! I love the socks peeking out of the boots and both dresses! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the dress and cardi! and the cute hat in the first one- I wish I had to courage to wear a hat- I just don't know which hats are right for me.

Megan said...

You are SO cute! I love love love the second outfit! It's perfect. Happy Thursday :)

hannah singer said...

love that second outfit. and LOVE the crochet. jealous of your skills:)

ChristyB said...

Wow, I love your hat! I've wanted to learn to crochet. I just might have to check out YouTube. (Just what I need is another hobby.) Cute outfits as usual.

Tamera Beardsley said...

Linda, you are so beautiful! My favorite photo, you and your husband...just so lovely!

Andee Eve@ bearing fruit said...

You are so cute in your dress with those boots & sweater! You look happy and bright.
xoxo
Andee

Rachel said...

your style is beautiful.. love each outfit and im totally impressed that you made that fab hat and scarf! also jealous, i so wish i could do that its such a talent!
Rachel :D

Cassi said...

I Love the dress and great job on the hat and scarf

Lisa @ MMT said...

Love your outfits! That dress looks super cute on you and only $11! What a steal! The picture of you and your husband on the bike is adorable. Congrats on 18 years of marriage :)

Elyssa said...

Like the boots and toppers! You are great at crocheting! I love both things you made! That's a great dress from forever21 too!

Heather said...

Once again you've got style! I adore all the crocheted goodies... and I love your hat. Would you make me one? I'll pay you!! You and your hubby are simply adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...