Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Post Christmas Edition

WIWW #19

pleated poppy

Finally managed to send out a Christmas card this year.
Here's the photo.
Don't you like "Mr. Cross Your Arms"??

Sweater & Tunic: Tommy Hilfiger outlet; Jeggings: Walmart; Necklace: Van Heusen outlet;
Belt: Forever 21; Bandalino Boots: Gift, Macy's

My dad couldn't understand why I wanted to stand in front of his weathered fence.
It's rustic... just trust me on this.  So he took the shot, despite his better judgment.

 Silk Shirt: Thrifted Calvin Klein; Necklace: Van Heusen Outlet; Slacks: ??; Shoes: Nine West

I got this necklace when I was Christmas shopping.
It was 80% off and another 30% off that... practically free.  Wohoo!
I think this outfit could have used a faux fur vest like Tamera's
but I didn't happen to have one on hand.

Christmas day we went to my folks.
We had a yummy dinner and did a Hanukkah/Christmas devotional.
Yes, we celebrate both.

Then, the return of the holiday pictures for maximum entertainment value. 
I was getting some gifts at Michaels and I came across some Christmas colored pipe cleaners.
So naturally I thought... perfect for some design your own Christmas glasses.
Just look at this creativity.

 From left to right:  Snowy Designer Cool, Engineer Elf, Christmas Tree Elf, Star of David Eyes, Candy Cane Alien, The Christmas Super Hero, and Mr. & Mrs. Claus

 Thoughtful in our glasses

 Reindeer Ears

Mele Kalikimaka

I can't tell you how much fun that was.
I almost peed my pants.

Jacket: Vans Outlet; Tunic: Thrifted; Jeggings: Walmart; 
Boots & Socks: Macy's; Necklace: Etsy

My parents got this locket necklace for me for Christmas.
I love it!  It's from Linkel Designs on Etsy.
I can't wait to put some photos of my peeps in it.

And that's it!
Did you have a good holiday season?
Any plans for New Years?

16 comments:

april@gingerbread said...

thanks for the sweet comment...love that necklace....xoxo

Erin said...

Thank you for the kind words! Boys are fun and yours are ADORABLE! I also love the necklace.

Elyssa said...

Good call on the fence! Love your outfits! That necklace was quite the steal. Looks like you had a fun Christmas!

Shanna said...

Too funny, love the holiday pictures! Love your family photo! Love all your outfits!

xoxo, Shanna

Jodi said...

Love your family pic! Everyone needs to pose in front of a rustic fence, right?
Also love your super-dealio of a necklace, and the pipecleaner glasses pics! You guys are awesome. Glad you had a Merry Christmas :)

My House of L said...

Great outfits! Love the "steal" necklace and the boots!!

~julee~ said...

Your outfits are always super cute, and your posts always make me smile! Happy New Year!

Jeanna said...

Look at how cute you are... Love your boot socks and your necklace is amazing...

Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.com

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

SOOO cute, those pictures!!! Your dad just doesn't understand the value of rustic, but I do. LOVE it!

And those Christmas "glasses" were adorable.

I had a great holiday and am sad that it's almost over!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting. I really appreciate it.

Jeanine

Susan said...

You all are hilarious!
And you looked lovely through it all. Can we get us some vests like Tamera's? They're from Costco!!

amy and jesse hudson said...

Great looks. Your blog is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing your heart. I am a new follower now! Wanted to invite you to take a look at a challenge I'm hosting about accessorizing outfits. I will feature all entries in a future post, so my readers can find out about you too! Check it out here:
http://www.amynjesse.com/2011/12/black-and-white-and-red-all-over.html

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

LOVE your boots! Mr. Cross Arms is just adorable. You can see his personality shining through! I so need a pair of those Christmas glasses for next year! xoxo

Tamera Beardsley said...

You are so beautiful inside and out my friend! Love your family photo,adorable as always!

The silk blouse with the necklace...gorgeous!!

Heather said...

I agree. Love the rustic fence. & your Mr. Cross Arms is adorable. Oh, and those glasses? Seriously fun!! I love how clever and funny you and your family are!

Cassi said...

I was looking forward to the pictures. They are great! Love it.

ChristyB said...

I missed this outfit post. LOVE your outfits. Your rustic Christmas picture is great! Beautiful family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...