Monday, November 14, 2011

Tell Me Wy

While I was getting through a couple weeks of hideous, adjusting to new treatments, I read a couple books I had picked up at a recent library sale.  Tuesdays with Morrie was so sad, but inspiring and encouraging at the same time.



Next, I started reading Coming Home to Myself by Wynonna Judd.  I don't know what it is, exactly, but I'm totally fascinated by her.  I tend to get that way with country artists, even though I rarely listen to country music.  I guess I just find their journeys through life so riveting.  My mom recently told me that one of my ancestors had something or other to do with the founding of Nashville, so maybe it's in my blood somehow.  Who knew?  Wouldn't that be an interesting story to track back?  I wish I could be on Who Do You Think You Are.  I love all the historical detective work they do on that show.

Anyhow, as I was finishing up Wynonna's book over the weekend, I looked up her website to see if she was touring.  And guess what?  I found out she was going to be playing in the town right next to mine the very next day.  I got sooo excited!!  I started to cry, because I just felt like it was a gift.  



My sweet husband bought me some tickets and sent one of my besties, Deborah, and I off on a girls' night out!  Healthwise, I was so not up for it, but sometimes I've just got to escape and do something extraordinarily fun, no matter how much I'm going to pay for it the next day!

Wy was amazing!  Her voice is so strong and powerful and moving.  My favorite songs were "No One Else on Earth" and "Grandpa."  And she did a version of "I Can Only Imagine" that just gave me the shivers.  She is such an amazing and generous entertainer.  She's so quick on her feet and interacts with the audience a lot.  She is hilarious, too...  I was laughing all night long! 


And man does she have some sass and glitter.  I'm not generally into bling, but if I were an entertainer, I would totally sparkle it up like she does.  Her whole costume shimmered and her hair was full of massive amounts of some kind of fairy dust.  I think she's got a little Elvis in her, too!

After the show, we I decided to be a Juddhead and wait around by her bus.  Deb was totally awesome to go along with it.  The tour manager told us that she was already in the bus and wouldn't be coming out... we thought that might be just to throw us off.  But apparently that was the truth, and all we got to do was take photos with the bus and wave goodbye.  At least we tried!



Trust me... the bus is actually in the background!  And this is where I would have had her sign her autograph.  I didn't have a pen, but I made friends with "Sharpie Girl," and I know she would have let me borrow hers, cause we got tight waiting out there in the cold together!!

5 comments:

Susan said...

How fun!!

Leslie @ top of the page said...

HI Linda! I came over looking for your list of 40...I hope you decide to share it :) Your blog is lovely. I just read and read for a long time. You have a beautiful family and a beautiful, soft heart. Praying you find some relief this week.

Megan said...

Oh wow!! It was meant to be!! Glad you got to see her :)

Denise said...

i totally agree that sometimes you have to do something extraordinarily fun even when you don't feel up ti it.
i like wy. i like country music. i am from the cowboy capitol of the world.

i like you, and sharing our birthdays. happy happy birthday to you tomorrow friend.

Cassi said...

I grew up listening to her, my mom was a Juddhead :) Grandpa is such a good song

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...