Friday, October 14, 2011

Star Light, Star Bright



Last night, it was still nice and warm at eight o'clock.  I took a blanket and laid it out on the grass in our front yard, which happens to be the only place we have grass.  The kids brought some  pillows and stuffed animals.  We made sure daddy came along.  Sophie, our little pup, wanted to join in, too.  And we all got cozy under my pretty quilt.

There was a lot of giggling as we all gazed up at the stars.  It got a little bit loud, so Patrick said, "Hey, I can't see the stars with you being so loud."  Then there was more giggling.

There was talk of great balls of gas... and even more giggling.

Josh enlightened us on the scientific aspects of implosions and explosions, and God's orchestration of the universe.

We saw some "moving" stars.  They said they were planes.  I said they were strange alien probes from another planet.  They didn't buy that.

Jason and I sang "Twinkle, twinkle little star..."

There were some wishes made.

And then the children ran around like fairy shadows in the moonlight while Patrick and I got to cuddle on our own.

Moments later we were all cuddled up once again.

Jason said it was a very good night.

I agree.

Maybe we'll join the symphony of crickets with our own cacophony of sound once again tonight.

I like star gazing.

10 comments:

CoachZ said...

I like you!

Amy said...

That sounds like the most perfect thing to do with your family. ♥

Susan said...

It's funny how the most simple evenings are often the very best.
Love this story ~ I could totally picture you all!

Margaret said...

I agree Susan, it is the most simple evenings are often the very best - best too if shared with family, esp little ones who are open with open hearts, and can hopefully keep that sweetness!

Margaret said...

I like your site! Simple, and you incorporate nature. Love the leaves!!

Sandy said...

Your boys will always remember this. ♥♥♥♥

hannah singer said...

fairy shadows in the moonlight.
beautiful! i love star gazing, too. magical.
the prairie skies are vast and marvelous here.
love it! xo

Denise said...

lovely.
lovely.

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

I LOVE looking at the stars with my boys on the trampoline. Love this post!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Linda...what a perfect family moment...thank you for sharing the perfection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...