Thursday, October 6, 2011

Heavenly Helper

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
   From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
   who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2



This is my sweet little J-Bear, who loves the color orange and spiking his hair on crazy hair day.

I was so worried about him last year.  Over something kind of silly.
He was in Kindergarten and I was worried that he wouldn't get the reading thing down.
I was so consumed with working on my health, that I didn't get to spend the same quality time tutoring him like I did with Josh at his age.

I know this reading thing might not seem like a big deal to obsess over, but I used to teach first grade, and I know how hard it is when kids struggle with reading.  

And I didn't want him to have to struggle... not after the year we had.

So I gave it to the Lord.  Please teach him.  Help it to click for him. 

And He did help my little J-Bear.

I went to his school conference this week, and his teacher showed me his tests and how great he is doing in reading this year.  Just amazingly well.

It may seem like a little thing, but to me it is so big.
It is an evidence of God's grace to my family at a time of need.
The maker of heaven and earth helped my little boy when I couldn't.
When we needed something to come easily.
He cared about this little thing that meant a lot to me, and He has my little boy in His hands.

My crazy, cute little reading J-Bear.


Thank you, Lord, for teaching him to read.
And thank your for this little boy who stirs up laughter in my heart.

7 comments:

CoachZ said...

My eyes are totally sweating! Love yeah babe! Everything is gonna be alright!

Amy said...

He is so handsome!! I too worry about my children reading but I just have to trust that the teachers will teach and so far so good. We are very lucky to have such wonderful caring teachers who I think go above and beyond when needed. I remember that when I was in kindergarten I played all day. Now it's all about academics and learning to read and write. I think when children have such a strong, loving support system at home, that makes a huge difference. You are doing great!

Sandy said...

When Jason was in pre-school I wondered if he was ready for kindergarten. He was indeed! His Poppy and I are amazed at how well he reads.

AND he is the best medicine ever with his cute antics and funny faces.

Love you, all 4, soooo much.

Elyssa said...

He is so cute!

It's important to slow down enough to realize the ways God answers our prayers and works situations out. I need to do that more!

Heather said...

He is so precious. What a little cutie! Sometimes it's those small tender mercies from the Lord that lift us up.

hannah singer said...

what a cutie!!

we are in the midst of trying to NOT worry about elijah. he is behind, just not sure if it's just because or from an actual problem yet. another doc visit tomorrow!

so grateful for your heart, and that you share it here. i'm so encouraged. god is good, friend! xo

TDM Wendy said...

he is so adorable!
I couldn't find your email so I am just going to respond to your comment on my blog here.
HUGE switchfoot fans (went to their concert in SF Monday night) and Jon Foreman separately. Love that you recognize that. Search switchfoot on my blog and you will enjoy some posts.
Shimmy, shimmy coco pop.
And wondering where you live on central coast cuz I go there sometimes. I spoke at a MOPS in Santa Maria last year. All for now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...