Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vacation Edition

WIWW #7
pleated poppy


Last week we were able to get away.

So needed... the first time I've traveled in about a year.
We went up to Windsor, CA and the Russian River Valley area... so beautiful.

Praise God... I had a pretty decent energy level and many "good" days.

 
Peach Cardigan: Target; Pintuck Blouse: ??; Tie Shorts: Marshalls
Necklace: Pic 'N Save from my childhood; Bangle: Gift

I realized I have quite a few white blouses.  
I think they are my favorite tops to wear... maybe 'cause they're so crisp and clean.
This one makes me feel a bit English (which I am) and proper (which I usually am not.)
My friend Jaime said she'd wear more white if she had dark hair... do blondes avoid white?

I got the cardigan at Target after seeing so many WIWWers wear them... 
so comfortable, I must say!  
(Did that sound proper?)
I'm really rambling, aren't I?

Tunic: Old Navy, thrifted; Shorts: Marshalls; Wedges: Clarks

I'm Irish, too,  hence the interest in the sign.
I'm also Scotch, Dutch, and French while we're on the subject of my heritage.
We visited Chateau Montelena in Calistoga on this day, and it was absolutely gorgeous!


I posted more photos over at Little Snap Thoughts... enjoy.

Friendship & Hemp Bracelets: Fair Trade Stores
Rainbow Beaded Bracelet:  DIY crocheted
Red Bracelet & Necklace:  Restrung a thrifted necklace

My arm had a little fun, didn't she?
Patrick bought friendship bracelets for our whole family in the charming little town square of Healdsburg.
I thought that was pretty cute of him.


Well, that's all for this week, folks...
Sorry, but you don't get any up close photos of me in my granny bathing suit.


24 comments:

Alissa said...

Love those colorful bracelets (and really, the entire outfit!)

Erin said...

Haha! Love it all! And as far as blondes and white...I've just recently gone "brown" but no...us blondies don't avoid white ;) I love your cardi, I just might have to go get one myself! :) I popped over from wiww.

-erin
www.gracefilledblog.com

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Love the patterned top - so beautiful! Visiting from the pleated poppy :)

Denise said...

i love your outfits! i especially love (again) your shorts. you lucked out finding the cutest shorts!

your arm does look very happy.

no granny suit!?! i have a confession, i took a wiwm pic in a suit, just in case i got up the nerve...obviously i didn't.
in the suit's defense it's so cute (on it's own, without me), my favorite color- black & white polka-dots.

Courtney and Heather said...

Cute.Cute.Cute

Heather said...

You are darling!! I love both outfits, especially the tunic - and yes, it looks like your arm had some fun that day. I just might have to copy you with the arm candy... let's see if I can pull it off as cute as you did.

My House of L said...

Your first outfit is so classic, love it! And that tunic is great!!

april@gingerbread said...

love the cardigan. love your blog. for reals!
xoxo

Jodi said...

Love, love, love outfit #1! Okay outfit #2 is cute too ;) Especially the tunic top!

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

LOVE outfit #1. So cute and your pictures are fantastic. I am cracking up about the granny bathing suit! Have fun! xoxox

Amber said...

Great looks honey, we can swap any time you like. Looks like you had a great time and a great place for a visit. Take care lovely. ax

Christine - Tutorial Addict lol said...

Looks like a fun trip!! I LOVE your first outfit, I started loving the cardis for the same reason ;) The bracelets are ADORABLE!

Angela said...

Trip looks amazing! I love your style!!!! I want both those blouses! And your bracelets are super cute! Thanks for visiting my site!

TaraMixandMatch said...

I love that tunic, it's so fun and colorful! Mix and Match Fashion

Elyssa said...

Linda, I really like both outfits. I'm a brunette too. I usually don't wear white, but this makes me think I should reconsider!

Btw, I've read through a lot of your blog just now. Specifically the Heart for the Unborn and your journey through depression. Thank you for being so transparent. You are a blessing.

wildruffle.com said...

Love that your arm had some fun:)

Deana said...

Love your blog- saw you on PP. The Russian river valley is so beautiful. I'm a napa /wine country girl wannabe. Check out my blog. I went to napa in march and ran the napa valley marathon. Loved it- www.solesofamom.com

Tamera Beardsley said...

So happy to see you on PP. As always so enjoy your posts my dear, and you look so beautiful!

Modern Wivelyhood said...

Love your outfits! The white pintuck shirt is so cute! You wear the shirt tuck in so well!

Stacy said...

I love your bracelets and your blog - so very fun!

Jen said...

Okay- you look so put together and adorable! Now that we are done having babies, my goal is to start dressing better, and add back accessories (which were the first things to go after the kids came along!).

Cassi said...

I love the bracelets. I think I need to pick up some more.

Susan said...

Catching up and lovin' the arm party!!
xo

Simply Sara said...

oh linda. can we please meet for coffee? you are so fun. i totally laughed when you wrote "so, comfortable, I must say".

i'm might not be proper enough for you but i hope you'll love me anyhow ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...