Friday, August 12, 2011

Purging


"Jason, you need to stop growing.  Why can't you just stay little.  Why?"

"Mom, I have to.  I can't stop this.  I have to get bigger."



We have this conversation often, Jason and I.  And it always ends the same.  He will simply not do what I ask.

Last week, we spent two days reorganizing and cleaning the boys' room.  I purged their closet of piles of clothes.  Clothes Josh had worn, and then Jason.  Last remnants of preschool.  The end of small.

Purging is not an enjoyable task for me, but I understand that it is necessary.  In the end it feels good to let go of the old and make room for the new.  To make room for big and all the new joys and challenges it will bring.



6 comments:

Amy said...

So cute, I regularly have the exact same conversation with my youngest. I also did some of this today and boy am I thankful for hand me downs because my girls' growing is out of control!

Melanie said...

I think every room in my house needs purging! I tried to make it a project over the summer, but sadly it didn't get finished. It's definitely not enjoyable for me either! I'm glad you were able to get it done. :)

wildruffle.com said...

Oh, those kids - they just refuse to stay young, don't they?! I really do not enjoy the process of purging either, but I'm always glad I did it when it's over!

Denise said...

purging is no fun, but yes, so necessary.

we've been purging as we prepare to move. exhausting. necessary.

however, i do feel like i've emotionally taken a load off, as well as physically, when we purge.

enjoy the "big!" i feared it. i loved them "little" so much, BUT big kids are SO MUCH FUN!

Simply Sara said...

i wish we could bottle up the little.
i'm scared of the big :)

but i must confess- I ADORE PURGING. it's true. it's a sickness. i jut can't handle "stuff" everywhere!

Shanna said...

I have three closets that need your help... This is one task, that I truly don't like doing. Every time I clean out my kids closets, I end up in the middle of their room in a ball of tears. And I haven't touched my closets in years. I know my husband would LOVE if I would purge some of my stuff right out the door. xoxo, Shanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...