Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The One Where I Met Denise

WIWW #9
pleated poppy



Ok, I'm very excited about this post. Just read the title and you'll know why!
So let's breeze through these first outfits to get to the good stuff!

Top: Banana Republic, thrifted; Cropped Jeans: Eddie Bauer, thrifted; Scarf: Gift;
Belt: F21; Shoes: Sperrys; Bracelets: Street Vendor & Fair Trade

I didn't particularly like this outfit until I added some green.  Then it was screaming 'Viva La Verde' and 'Look Alive,' and other such things.  I was kind of surprised since my clothes don't normally talk (and it wasn't even Cinco de Mayo, ) but that's apparently the power of green.  I'm going to try it again the next time I'm feeling particularly sleepy.

Cardigan: Target; Tank: Nordstrom Rack; Belt: from some other pants;
CAbi Jeans: Goodwill; Wedges: Clarks

What would you call this color?  Persimmon, maybe?
My youngest son's favorite color is orange, and I think his taste is rubbing off on me a little bit.


Another ring from Cousin Olive.  Isn't it so fun and crazy?
Whilst my outfit was being tame, my finger was going ultra eccentric once again.


Drumroll....
And here, my friends is What I Wore when I met DENISE!!!!!

Pintuck Tunic: KMart Clearance; Belt: Goodwill; Jeggings: Gift;
Bracelet: F21; Wedges: Clarks again


Remember when I mentioned a couple weeks ago how I'd love to meet Denise?
Well, it happened last Wednesday!!  My 3 year blogger friend is now my real life friend!

Doesn't she have the best smile??

First off, I have to say that she was super ornery... she refused to let me pay for her coffee and my Icelandic Glacial water.  And second, she is a big liar... she promised she would not vlog, and then she totally did.

Oh,  and thirdly (is that even a word?), she referred to me as her elder at least twice... even though I'm only 2 years, 8 hours and 30-some odd minutes older than she is (yes, we have the same birthday). But, okay. 

However, I am entirely willing to look past these faults, to see that she is...


Beautiful, inside and out

Adorable
Sweet

Funny... no hilarious
Crazy (in the best way possible)

Compassionate

An amazing conversationalist
(She could give Lorelai Gilmore a run for her money!)

Lifegiving
Encouraging
 
Authentic and vulnerable
And full of God's grace

I just love her and I miss her already!

Have you met any blog friends?  Were you nervous? (I kinda was.)

21 comments:

Denise said...

7:30 wednesday morning and i'm already crying!

firstly, you are adorable! here and even more so in person.

secondly, it has been a whole week since i have seen you and... i NEED to move to a.g. for reals!

thirdly (it's a word now), thank you for loving me even though i am a big fat ornery liar!

Shanna said...

i'm loving the third outfit! all three look great on you, but the last one is my fav! and how awesome getting to meet friends that are made through the internet. happy wednesday! xoxo, shanna

Simply Sara said...

i've already told denise and now i'm gonna tell you......next time i NEED an invite!!!!
:)
i love ya both so much!
i'm glad you two were able to meet and i'm also glad that denise is a liar with her pants on fire- cuz that meant i got to see you both, and that's a close second to actually being there :)

{cuppakim} said...

oh man. denise is FUNNY.

isn't vlogging denise just a whole nother level?

i'm way jeal that you got to meet her (popping over from HER blog, of course)

loving your outfits.
especially that ring.


and YES i have met a few bloggy friends - including denise :)

j. w. said...

this was wonderful. I love hearing of others being so excited and encouraged with their friends. I like, and hope, to be someone like that for my friends. Loved the outfit you wore when you met Denise! SUPER cute! And you seem to find everything for such great deals (thrifted, clearance, gifts, etc.)

Anna said...

love these outfits - you look adorable! My favourites are the ring - gorgeous colour, your son has good taste and the tunic - what a find?!

www.simplystylishmom.com

My House of L said...

You look great and how fun to meet up with blog buddy!

Melanie said...

I love your WIWW posts! I look forward to them to see what fabulous outfits you put together. I love the first bracelet, so cute! You are a good accessorizer(is that a word?)! Glad you got to meet a blog friend, sounds like you had an awesome time! :)

wildruffle.com said...

That's so fun! Isn't it great how you can develop friendships without even meeting IRL in this day and age? I actually had the opportunity to meet some of them at a fashion blogger meet up locally, and it was so fun! Glad you got to connect in person.

ChristyB said...

You look great as usual. Love the first outfit with the green scarf. How lucky you are to meet a fellow blogger! Jealous.

Tamera Beardsley said...

So happy you go to meet your Denise my dear!

I so love your 'eccentric jewelry', what a gift.

Thank you so much for all your kind words on my blog today, I so appreciate you!

Jodi said...

One day I would love to meet a blog buddy! Totally understandable being nervous... I would be! Loved your outfit you met her in too - so cute :)

Modern Wivelyhood said...

How exciting for you!! I would love to meet some of my blog friends, but it hasn't happened yet. I love the green that you added, it totally spoke to me too :)

Cassi said...

Oh what great fun being able to meet a fellow blogger. I love the addition of the green also

hannah singer said...

i love that pintuck tunic!
what a sweet time, meeting a bloggy friend!
visiting from denise...and i meet her next month and am fearful she may whip out that darn video.

y'all are precious! xo

Maggie @ SweetwaterBaby said...

Now THOSE are some cute outfits! I like your WIWW posting style...may inspire me to do it again! :)

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

I love that white tunic! I can't believe you got that at KMart. I'm way jealous....I'm a sucker for a good deal.

Love new blog friends! yay!

Cami

Heather said...

I LOVE all of your outfits. GREEN is a perfect color on you. I love that green beaded bracelet too. You and Denise are too cute! I love meeting blog friends!

Maegan said...

You are absolutely adorable, I love each outfit. I want your closet, mkay?

Maegan :)

Courtney and Heather said...

Love that scarf! So neat that you got to meet a blog friend!

~Courtney~

love2sisters.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post! Boo me.
Your outfits are sweet - but I couldn't wait to get to the good part. How unbelievably exciting and cool!
Good for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...