Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Name-Calling Edition

WIWW #8
pleated poppy

I found a vacation photo I'd forgotten about.  Or maybe I subconsciously forgot it on purpose (did that just make any sense?), because I'm not sure if it really works.  The outfit,  I mean.  I like all the pieces, but maybe not all together.  What do you think?  I also feel like my face looks 12 here... but that's a personal problem.  Frank V. didn't call me "chipmunk cheeks" in 10th grade for nothing.  I was much less cool back then, and didn't know how to properly lean against buildings.  But now I do, as you can obviously see.

Jacket: Mossimo, thrifted; Chambray Dress: Tommy Hilfiger outlet clearance; 
Skirt: Marshalls; Belt: F21; Shoes: Clarks; Necklace: Mervyns

Sweater & Shorts: Marshalls; Necklace: gift/Lisa Leonard; Shoes: Naturalizers

I think I'm really liking these shorts.  They are like very short textured trousers.  If I pair them with some black tights, maybe I can keep wearing them into the fall.  I could even try some mustard yellow tights, but on second thought, someone might call me "lemon legs" and that might scar me worse than "chipmunk cheeks."   Anyhoo... where is the best place to buy tights that don't fight you when you are trying to put them on?  I don't enjoy fighting with my legwear.  While we are at it, I don't like legwear I can see my reflection in  either... they remind me of spandex which I already did in metallic royal blue back in 1990.  I suppose I am very picky about my tights, which is something I didn't know about until just now.

Dress: Ross; Necklace: Lisa Leonard; Shoes: Marshalls; Non-Hipster Glasses: Costco

I wear glasses, and it's not because I'm trying to be a hipster.  Even though I can lean against buildings pretty well, I am just not cool enough to be a hipster.  These glasses are not nearly big enough to be hipster glasses either.  Just to keep the name calling theme of this post going... no one has ever called me "Four Eyes."  Probably because I don't wear them out frequently enough.  I usually just wait until a person is within 5 feet of me before I greet them, so I don't accidentally mistake them for someone else.  Anyway, I adore this dress... A. Because it is embroidered and 2. It reminds me of Denise, who owns the same dress in hunter green.  It is my goal to meet Denise someday, and I would definitely wear my glasses so I could recognize her.  I would see her from more that 5 feet away and call... DEEEEENIIIIIIISE!!!!! and she would call out LIIINNNNNDDDA!!!!!  And we would talk and sing and laugh for a long time.  And I wouldn't call her any names... except for Rachel maybe, because she likes that.

23 comments:

Shanna said...

I love the shorts, and the dress. All of your outfits are very cute!
xoxo, Shanna

j. w. said...

love love your style!!

http://onerowblog.blogspot.com/

Courtney and Heather said...

I think your first outfit looks great!

Meagan at Fairly Fabulous Blog dot com said...

Oh my goodness! You are adorable. The first outfit is so cute and that dress is fab! Oh, and the sailor front trouser shorts. So fun! Thanks for popping my my blog and leaving such sweet comments!

Dresses for Dinner said...

Those shorts are beautiful.

My House of L said...

Love the shorts/sweater combo. You should definitely try them with tights!

Andrea @ Keepin it Thrifty said...

You look fab! Thank you for your sweet comment....it made my day xoxo

Susan said...

I LOVE those shorts. Yes to black opaque tights, short boots and a leather jacket. With a really feminine shirt.
Sorry - I had a vision.
LIIIIINNNNDA! (It's not Denise but I thought you might like that anyway)
xo

Delaney said...

Love em all!

Tamera Beardsley said...

What a lovely post, I appreciate your fun ensembles as well as your entertaining prose! As always a delight to read!

ChristyB said...

You look fabulous. No name calling here.

Heather said...

I think I am loving those shorts too! I love the buttons on them. I also really like that sweater you wore with it. Super cute!! And that dress is just lovely.

Sharde said...

um i love aLL of the outfits! you look so great! i love love love love it! :)
sharde @the style projects

Audrey said...

Thanks for stopping by my site, Linda! Those shorts are darling--the whole outfit is. And I totally love your glasses on you.

Flor said...

You look gorgeous! I'm really liking that first outfit.. it all works really well together! And I love the glasses on you.. mine definitely do not look that cute! :)

Modern Wivelyhood said...

Cute outfits! I love those shorts and think mustard yellow tights would be work, but I know very little about fashion so maybe I'm wrong. Don't take my advice :)

Elyssa said...

I love tights from Target. They're nice and stretchy. (No battles here.)

Also, I think you look super cute in glasses! I think I actually might like you better in glasses that without, although you're lovely either way.

pieced (Mama T) together said...

Those shorts are so super adorable! Thank you for the nice words on my blog-deeny.

Denise said...

I LOVE YOU!

i'm so excited that we ARE finally meeting next week. it way overdue.

you look so much better in the dress than i do.

all your outfits look terrific (what am i going to wear when i meet linda, she's so stink'n cute...i'm kinda freaking out now).

and again with another pair of marshall's shorts!! you keep skoring on the shorts. you must be teeny tiny and that is why (that is also why you look so good in the dress).

watch out! i will yell LIIINNNDDAAA!!

Jodi said...

You are so funny, I'm crackin' up over here. Yes to the tights under the shorts - great idea! (Also a good idea to stay away from the shiny spandex leggings... mine were hot pink!)
I like the vacation pic, but how did you get a dress to look good under another skirt? That's impressive!

Melanie said...

I love all of your outfits Linda! They look great! I esp love the shorts and the dress. I, too, love anything embroidered. Your glasses look great on you, btw. Oh, and I'm sure Savanna would love to see your shell collection! We hope to see you too next time! XOXO

Jen in SLO said...

You are too adorable, Linda! Love all your outfits.

I had a pair of shorts like those in college, and I wore them with opaque tights and chunky heel shoes. LOVED that outfit, and I am officially jealous of your shorts and that you still look good in them. :)

I'm a fan of DKNY tights. *Expensive* but sturdy.

Simply Sara said...

why can't canada have a store called ross that i can run to and buy that adorable dress?

i wanna be cool like you and denise :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...