Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Favorites

"Every day I discover more and more beautiful things." 
Claude Monet

It is quite the dreary morning, 
so I went looking for some of my favorite artwork to brighten things up a bit.


Cliff walk at Pourville by Claude Monet

Sunflowers by Vincent Van Vogh

Children Playing on the Beach by Mary Cassatt

Garden at Vetheuil by Claude Monet
The Seine at La Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat
Farmhouse in a Wheat Field by Vincent Van Gogh

Do you have a favorite painting that makes you happy and bright inside?

5 comments:

Ryan and Camille said...

I love nature scenes with at least few vibrant colors in them!

hannah singer said...

lovely! i am cheered by monet as well.
my little sister had "linnea's windowsill garden" books and others that were about monet and filled with beauty. always enjoyed thumbing through those pages with her.
"windmill at zaandam" is a fave of monet. it is so soothing to me for some reason. maybe it was the birds. who knows. i am kind of weird;)

Denise said...

pretty paintings.

i don't have a favorite painting. is that odd? i do love photos though. they make me happy. my mil okayed us hanging our hanging a door filled with my make-me-oh-so-happy-family-photos at her house. RELIEF! i can move now.

miss you. when can i see you agaiN!?!

Simply Sara said...

i'm not very painting savvy either... but i'm definitely with denise on the photo front- i am slightly obsessed with pictures... and not just of my family. any picture that makes me want to know who that person is and what their story is all about makes me all happy and bright :) :)

Tamera Beardsley said...

ahhh, such beauty, thanks for posting these my dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...