Monday, August 1, 2011

City Mouse, Country Mouse

Last week we were able to get away up north.
This was really huge for me... first time I've traveled in about a year.



It thrilled my soul to see new and unfamiliar things.
I needed a change from the norm.


We drove through San Francisco, even though it was out of the way.
We wanted the kids to be able to experience the Golden Gate Bridge... 
it was worth it.






The city fascinates you, doesn't it, Patrick asked.

I guess it really does.  

I love to marvel at the architecture.

To watch all the interesting people.

To feel the energy.

But it only lasts for a couple of hours... or a couple of days at the most.

Because I'm a country mouse at heart.

What truly captivates my attention for hours is God's simple, yet complex design...

Trees along the Russian River valley.
Peaceful gliding along the river.
Parking the canoe and enjoying the beach with the fam.
The bridge that marked the 1/3 point.  It was a 10 mile trip... about 5 hours with our stops.

We saw some spotted cows on the way back to the resort.

Patrick pulled over,  because he knew I'd want photos.

Look at her muddy little legs... just like socks.

Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Love all of the photos! I've always thought I wanted to live in a big city but I love being by our beaches!! I want to live everywhere. Is that possible? :) haha

Amy said...

Your photos are amazing! I always enjoy getting away and taking a break from life too. I'm more of a country mouse but also a beachy, warm mouse too.

Tamera Beardsley said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos! And so well composed, I always do so enjoy your posts my dear!

Erica.Michelle. said...

Oh Linda I love you! So glad you got away. Like you, I'm a country mouse for sure! Xo -e

CoachZ said...

These are great babe! Captures so much the dichotomy of things we experienced.

As you say it was so surreal to be out and about with you after this hard year...loved it so much!

Simply Sara said...

first- i need to tell ya how much i've missed you! seriously! i can't take these breaks from the computer anymore :D

second- your pictures are breathtaking. love them. so, so much.

third- can i tell you how sweet it is that your hubby comments on your posts. love how he honors and encourages you in this way (!!!)

and finally i am a country mouse. through and through.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...