Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Fedora, Capris & Beauty vs. Brawn

WIWW #6

pleated poppy

We are finally beginning to get a bit of consistent sun
in my little coastal town.

But I'm still doing lots of layering,
'cause that's just how it goes around here.

To be honest, I've mostly been in PJ's and sweats... not feeling good at all the last 2 weeks.
Chronic illness really stinks!!!!  Thanks for letting me vent!
And I'd appreciate prayers if you think of it!  Thanks!

 Fedora: Forever21; Blouse: Derek Heart via Gottschalks clearance ($6); Shorts: Nine West via Marshalls;
Belt:  Bass Outlet; Flip flops:  13 year old Reefs; Bracelets: Gifts

I was about to give up on this blouse.  
It's a "baby doll" style and it just wasn't very flattering.  
I think it made me feel pregnant, which isn't good when I'm not!
But then I tucked it in... and now I love it!
Good thing, because I have another one just like it, but a different color!
Do you wear fedoras?
I've wanted one since I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark in 4th grade!
I also wanted to marry Harrison Ford, but that is a whole other story!

 Cardigan & Capris: Marshalls; Top: Ralph Lauren Outlet sale; Scarf: Gift

I saw a photo of a cute European gal in a similar outfit, 
so I gave it a whirl.
I was feeling awful that day, but at least I looked decent!!
Yellow is always good for a little dose of sunshine!

Jacket: gift/Hurley; Top & Scarf: Marshalls; Jeans: gift/L.E.I. via Walmart;
Shoes: Sperrys; Flowers: c/o Huasna Valley

We took these photos at the evening Centennial Parade.
Why was I was carrying flowers? 
I always carry flowers around like a princess, don't you?
Just kidding... they were a sweet bouquet from a local farm.
I guess because I had the floral beauty, the guys decided to bring on the brawny.
(Either that, or they are trying to "pump... you up.")
I scored my honey's manly-man Pendleton shirt for only $4 at Goodwill.
I love it on him!

25 comments:

Tamera Beardsley said...

What a beautiful post my dear! Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well,( you will be in my prayers).

We were both channeling the same hat vibe this week!
Loved how you wore the scarf, it looks just lovely on you!

I would love to meet you the next time i'm in your area, it's kismet that you live so close! Hope you feel better this week!

wildruffle.com said...

I love that you tucked in the blousy shirt - it looks great! I've done the same thing with a couple that I wasn't wearing because I didn't love the pregnant look they were giving me.

My House of L said...

Love the second outfit! Very cute and hope you get to feeling better!

Dresses for Dinner said...

Lovely blog and your family is beautiful!!!!

ChristyB said...

Love your outfits this week! I wish I was a hat person and could pull off a fedora. You look too cute in yours. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Aubree said...

Hey thanks so much for the sweet comments you left on my blog. They made my day.

BTW I am loving the yellow cardi outfit!

CoachZ said...

You sure are a beauty! Love ya babe!! Looking forward to making memories with you and the boys on our trip!

Babymama said...

Thanks for stopping by our little blog -

I know it's no consolation when you're feeling not so great - but you look lovely in your photos. Especially the one with the bluish scarf. Funny how a scarf can add that certain je ne sais quoi.
Love.

xo
babymama
avagracescloset

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Love all our outfits and you have a great looking family!

~Courtney~


love2sisters.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

I love your fedora and scarves - super cute!

Heather said...

So sad you have not been feeling so hot... but you look great! especially the European ensemble - love it!!

Rachel Esther said...

Hi, Thanks so much for leaving such lovely words on my blog!

I think your blue top is gorgeous tucked into those shorts. Definitely a keeper!

Bless, Rachel

Jodi said...

Outfit #1 wins my instant approval - way to try tucking in! All your outfits are great. No, haven't tried a fedora - want to though :)

And thanks for commenting on my blog today!!! I love your comments :)

mom2marbles said...

aw, you look adorable! thanks for stopping by my blog too!! have a great rest of the week!!

hotpants™ said...

I own zero scarves. I should remedy this.

Melanie said...

Hi Linda! I hope you are feeling better. I love that first outfit, especially the top and the hat! I love paisley prints. All of your pics are great and you are beautiful! Keep smiling! <3

Karen said...

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Cute outfits! You are beautiful and your boys will sure love having these photos of you when they are grown. I'm impressed that you can remember where you got all of your clothes! Most of mine are hand-me-downs... you've inspired me to check out some shops for some great deals! Will pray that you feel better... :)

Modern Wivelyhood said...

I'm envious, you rocked that fedora!! Love your outfits!

simona said...

i think all of these outfits are cute!
and your family pictures are gorgeous, just as those that people have a photographer take for lots of money, the once in a life time thing...

thanks for your visit to artsy ants blog :)

Simply Sara said...

can you please come to canada?
my closet needs your help.
thanks :)

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

Oh my gosh, your outfits are gorgeous!! I love those colors!

And I will pray that you feel better soon (I have chronic illness, too).

Jeanine

P.S. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Cassi said...

I love that blouse from Gottschalks! I've never been to one of those stores. When I moved to the town I live in now, one had just closed! Too bad, looks like they have great pieces!

Flor said...

I love your outfits. one would never know you weren't feeling good.. and I hope you feel better :I
And that babydoll that you tucked in looks awesome! I never would have thought to tuck it in. And I love your mustard yellow cardigan.

Sharde said...

i love love LOOOVE the yellow! and your hair in that picture looks exceptional as well:) aren't you easy on the eyes hahaa


the style projects

Denise said...

you are so pretty.

i love the shirt tucked in and your shorts are GREAT!

i just bought some shorts. i had given up on them...thought my knees were too ugly, but am thinking maybe they're not. :-)

i'm sorry you are not feeling well. i pray you know the truth about who you are in Christ regardless of how you feel physically. that He is your love, your strength, your hope, your truth, your peace.

much love friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...