Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Guess Who Found a Forever 21 Card?

WIWW #4
pleated poppy

When Gottchalk's closed, I got pretty sad.
Where was I going to find great deals on jeans and no tax sales?

When I heard Forever 21 was going to take its place, I wasn't exactly excited.
I had never been to Forever 21, so I was definitely prejudging.
I just knew I didn't want to look like a 21 year old.
Not that I don't like clothes for 20 year olds... it's just that I'm almost 2 decades older than that.
I've got to be age appropriate...
I'm a mom who drives a sweet van for Pete's sake!

But I decided to give it a try... 
(because I was being such a trooper.)

I found HUGE amounts of clothing... almost overwhelming amounts!
So I bought some things, and didn't realize they have a crazy return policy.
I ended up with a gift card.
It had since been forgotten... buried in my wallet.


Until now...

Top: Forever 21; Tank: Ross; Jeans: Tommy Hilfiger via Goodwill; Earrings: Target

I love the pretty lace on this one, and its bright happy color.
I got my hairs cut that day, too.   First time in 6 months... boy did they thank me profusely! 


Top: Forever 21: Wide-leg jeans: Goodwill; Gold Bangle: gift; Necklace: good ole Mervyns 

(As long as I'm bellyaching about stores closing...
I'm also upset that Mervyns closed.  I took advantage of many $3-5 deals at Mervyns, such as this necklace.
Perhaps that's why they closed... hmmm.)

Isn't the top sweet though?  
It reminds me of my sweet mother... she loves blue and white!


Slouchy Tee: Marshalls; Capris: Eddie Bauer via Goodwill; Necklace: Forever 21 (about $4!);
Gold Bangle: Gift; Turquoise Bangle: Heirloom

There's a great story that goes along with the turquoise bangle, but because I have been grumbling about apparel stores, I do not have time to tell it.
Next time...


You know what I've realized after perusing these photos?   
Forever 21 ain't half bad!
You aren't going to catch me wearing one of their micro mini skirts... ever.
But their tops and accessories are pretty okay!
I'm glad I gave them a try!  

17 comments:

Shanna said...

I LOVE THE FIRST TOP! All the outfits are very cute! But the first top, looks great on you! xoxo, Shanna

highheels2flipflops said...

You are SO cute! I love all the outfits! Thanks for commenting on my blog, now I found yours!

Alli said...

Thanks for the sweet note on my blog! I LOVE your style!!

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

You are too cute! I love the first outfit! xoxo

Denise said...

i don't think any of the outfits are working for you... i'll send you my address so you can mail them ALL to me!!! :-)

really they all look FABULOUS on you.

i like forever 21. i can always find something i WANT there. did you check out the bottom of their bag? john 3:16. did you know forever 21, comes from revelations 21. uh huh they are super spiritual with their micro-miniskirts.

My House of L said...

I love forever 21! Great tops!

wildruffle.com said...

I do love Forever21 - although I always feel a little out of place dragging my double stroller through there.:) So fun to rediscover a gift card. It's like you went shopping for free, right?!

Tatiana said...

I love all of your tops. And I do agree, I think F21 has a great variety of things for all types of people and styles.
I take my mom there and she can even find stylish, age appropriate things.

You are gorgeous by the way :-)

CoachZ said...

Watcha doing later gorgeous? ;-)

Man I love stalking you!

Toni said...

Cute shirt!! Love forever 21

make sure you come enter my giveaway!!

alwayshavejoy.blogspot.com

Monica Whitney said...

I love that slouchy tee!!

Ask the Duplex

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Yay! I love all your F21 purchases...so cute!! And that necklace is amazing only $4...I've gotta go get me one!
Aren't gift cards the best

Mongs said...

you look so youthful, you could like forever 21. Nice outfits especially the orange top. I like how you mix them with thrifted items. THanks a lot for dropping by my blog. Have a nice weekend!


love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Elissa said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday! i absolutely love the first top and that necklace. I will definitely be looking online for that necklace during my lunch break!

-Elissa

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

You found some great F21 finds! Very cute blog!

Melanie said...

Hi Linda! I LOVE your posts, esp the WIWW ones. You're so beautiful and you did find some great tops at Forever 21! I agree about that store, I only shop for tops and accessories too because I would never fit into any of the bottoms. :) Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog too! Have a great 4th!

Jodi said...

You got great tops and I LOVE the necklace! I stayed away from forever 21 for a long time too... until I realized other Moms were in there and coming out with stuff that wasn't just for 15 year olds! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...