Friday, June 17, 2011

A Friday Favorite

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers


I discovered these little guys recently,
while trying to be more cautious about health stuff.
Have you ever checked out your makeup products on the Skin Deep Database?
It's rather disturbing!

These Shimmers were a 3 on the toxicity scale, but it was mostly due to allergens.
Since I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients, they are a much safer bet for me.

The stuff I was using before had all kinds of
dyes, aluminum, parabens, fragrances, and chemicals I couldn't pronounce.
And I thought it was supposed to be"natural."

Did you know that parabens can mess up your hormone balance?
I certainly don't need any of that!!
I'm crazy enough as it is, thanks!

My favorites are Caramel, Champagne, Watermelon, & Cocoa.

They color like a light lipstick, but feel like a lipbalm.
And they tingle like peppermint.
And they are generally less expensive than lipstick.
I picked up a 3 pack at the drugstore for $10.
Yay.

Definitely a favorite!

What are your recent favorites?

2 comments:

Denise said...

i love me some burt's bees.
i am a fan of LUSH items- dream cream & big (sea salt shampoo) are my favs!

Simply Sara said...

now i need to scout out the store for those. wondering if i'll find them... us canadians don't always get the cool toys to buy :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...