Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Embroidery, Long Sleeves, & a Maxi, Oh My!

WIWW #2
 Last week was fun!  Here I am for another round! 

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy
(I can't get the link up button to work!  Help!!!) 

I just love embroidery!
 It makes me think of The Sound of Music, 
even though there probably weren't any embroidered clothes in that movie!
Maybe it reminds me of those sweet damask curtain clothes! 
Anyway, the hills are alive... 


Embroidered Tunic: Ross; Mustard Cardigan: Carole Little via Marshalls; Belt: ??; 
Jeggings: Walmart... thanks mom!

I'm sorry about this next outfit for those of you living in places like the desert and Texas.
I know you are going to cringe at the wintery look.
The coast is just so unpredictable.  
One day the sun is bright and shiny and the next it's fog, rain, and shivers.



Top: Old Navy via Goodwill; Tank: Ross; Scarf: Marshalls; Belt: Bass Outlet
Jeans: Tommy Hilfiger via Goodwill; Necklace: gift/ Lisa Leonard

And last but not least...


Top: Marshalls; Maxi Dress: Ross; Belt: from a pair of pants
Ring: a family heirloom

This ring came from a distant relative named Olive.  
When I was a teenager, she generously bestowed upon me a box of very unique jewelry.
I remember thinking that someday I would wear the pieces when I was older and eccentric. 
Guess who's older and eccentric??

Do you wear any special family heirlooms?

15 comments:

Karen said...

How do you pull together such cute outfits?!? Wow! I need to visit the Goodwill - you scored some great items!!

Delaney said...

I love these outfits! What part of the link button isn't working for you?

Linda Z said...

Thanks, Karen. :)

Delaney... it will say 'Pleated as an underlined link, but the actual button doesn't show at all. I tried pasting the code into the html editor... did I do something wrong?

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Love the embroidered tunic! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

{april kennedy} said...

You look darling. I can just tell we could be good friends!!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for the comment on my blog! I love your tunic in the first picture! Adorable!

CoachZ said...

Hey gorgeous...I'm stalking you!

Jodi said...

"Guess who's older and eccentric?" - ha ha, that made me laugh. Stylin' outfits, especially that tunic with the mustard cardy, both items I'd love to steal if you were my sister!

Shanna said...

I love the tunic with the cardigan! It's a little too hot where I'm yet, but it is very cute! xoxo Shanna

Denise said...

great outfits linda!

you better keep an eye on the last belt. so cute.

i'm not eccentric... on the outside.

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

Ohhh.. I LOVE the tunic! You look great!

Cassi said...

I couldn't get the button to work either! But I love your outfits, especially that ring! Gorgeous, and I love jewelry with history :)

Modern Wivelyhood said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! I love your ring and your embroidered top and cardigan! Your post about your minivan was so sweet, thanks for sharing!

Lindsay @ Aisle to Aloha said...

Cuuuute outfits! I love the mustard cardi and your sweet heirloom jewelry-- how special is that? Have a great weekend!

Raj Thandhi said...

I absolutely love that ring, yay for fun aunts named Olive! Your outfits this week were relaxed and effortless looking but very pulled together at the same time. Well done:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...