Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I Didn't Wear


I don't know if I will ever be brave enough to link up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy.  

I love seeing how people do such creative things with the clothes in their closets, but I do not have any good posing skills, you see.  Really, they are like a -1.  I realized in a very embarrassing 5th grade Girl Scout experience that modeling would not be the wisest career path for me, and that has really worked for me so far.   Why would I want to mess with that kind of success?

I do have a question though about What I Should or Should Not Wear!   

I went to Marshall's the other day because it was really hot out and I was feeling pretty decent.  More importantly, I realized I haven't bought any shorts or T's for about 5 years now.  Where did that time go??  I didn't think the Central Coast could handle me in those threads yet another year. (Because I'm sure they are keeping track.)  I know I couldn't.

Most of the stuff I got is pretty neutral and classic.  But one shirt stood out and I really loved the colors.  It had a nice artsy feel.



But then as I got it home and took a closer look, I realized it has a horsie on it.  I have nothing against horsies and unicorns and those flying mythical creatures at all, but what I wonder is if a 39 your old woman should be wearing a shirt with a horsie on it or not.



So what are your thoughts on this?  Is it doable or is it 6th grade?  This fashion decision is all in your hands now!

8 comments:

Jen in SLO said...

Take this for what it's worth, which isn't much, as I have the fashion sense of a mountain gorilla, but I'd wear it and I'm right behind you in age. :)

Denise said...

i think it's cute. i'd wear it with a brown skirt (like the black one i got at sport's authority).

the "horsie" doesn't bother me one bit.

posing for wiww is awkward, but participating causes me to actually get dressed.

CoachZ said...

Horsie = Pegasus and he is an ally. You must wear the shirt ;-)

Carrie Squires said...

Definitely wear it. I agree- the colors are great! You'll look fabulous in it, horse or no horse.

kris said...

I wear a bunny shirt, but it is a little edgy since it's design was meant to promote the remake of Alice in Wonderland. To "tame" the horse, how about layering the tee with a boyfriend chambray/light denim shirt, or go for a gingham top. A Maxi skirt would really give it a nice soothing, country look.

The Schmidts said...

Wear it! It's cute! Granted, Jason has more sense of fashion then I do these days (he does teach high school girls after all), but I would wear it. -Rhiannon

Jamie said...

you should wear it. it's cute and totally a grown up t-shirt.

Bethany said...

You are one of the most beautiful women I know & you can totally pull it off! Besides, who cares if there is a horsie on it?! If you like it, and it makes you feel happy, then wear it! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...