Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Love

A lady's imagination is very rapid:
it jumps from admiration to love,
from love to matrimony in a moment."
~Jane Austen~


And then I suppose it jumps from matrimony to motherhood only moments beyond that!

My sweet hubby arranged a special Mother's Day outing yesterday, and sent my mom and I to see Pride and Prejudice at the PCPA Theaterfest. Are you a Jane Austen fan? I am. It was so delightful (I am still affected by the language) to see such a classic come to life before my very eyes. Mr. Darcy was ever suave and prideful and Elizabeth, coy and contemptuous. Mrs. Bennett was perfectly exaggerated and Mr. Wickham, deplorable. And my mother and I were altogether affable and pleased.


I'm so glad my mom and I were able to have a special time together. She is not only my doting and caring mother, but my dear friend and confidante. I am so blessed to share life with her. She is such a sweet beauty, too... inside and out. Happy Mother's Day, Mamma San!

This morning, my boys were waiting outside my door with a balloon and little pile of homemade and bought treasures. I felt so spoiled and loved! One of my favorite traditions that has evolved in our family is customizing envelopes.

The boys always do special drawings on their envelopes. Josh usually makes a little cartooned scene.
Jason did a little picture of me watering a flower this year.

(sorry it's so blurry!)

Patrick and I always make up a new middle name for each other in quotes. This has been going on for 15 plus years now, and I can't throw envelopes away because of it!


This one says, "Linda 'My Ambuh Forever' Zalamea. We will survive (and thrive) yeah yeah!!" This week, I started watching Survivor again, because I heard Boston Rob was back. The guy is a mafia-like, psychological genius... he just fascinates me, and I like watching him play the game. But a more "Mother's Day" thing to say about him, is that I love that he met Amber on the show, that they went to the top together, got married, and had 2 little girls to boot. So the fact Patrick is calling me his "Ambuh" (in proper Boston Rob accent) means a lot to me! And we are definitely survivors after the year that we just had and continue to struggle through!

Happy Mother's Day...
To moms and their daughters everywhere!

Celebrate life & beauty!


May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful!
Proverbs 23:25
For those who have lost their moms, I pray for comfort and sweet memories.

For those who would love to become mothers,
I pray for God to bless your wombs through birth or adoption.

6 comments:

The Schmidts said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you are blogging again! Happy Mother's Day to you too! -Rhiannon

the firefly moon said...

i am so glad you are blogging again. i am so glad you had a blessed time with your mom & there isn't much better way to spend it than with jane austen. an all time fav of mine as well. thanks for sharing your heart as a mom.

Brian said...

http://familyindirenedofassistance.blogspot.com/

Ryan & Carolyn Curtis said...

great post Linda and Happy Mother's Day! It's so good to see you doing well... all our love to you, Ariel and the boys :)

Jamie said...

You have a beautiful heart Linda and I am so glad you are back sharing it! Thanks for saying hi on my blog! I am doing good these days even helping out with the Youth Group at New Life and loving it! It's such a blessing to be apart of. Thanks for sharing the "dark" places of your life with us and pointing in the direction of hope along the way.

“Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast.” Hebrews 6.19

Denise said...

first, i can see i have a lot to get caught up on.

your mom... she has blessed me with her encouraging comments in the past. so COOL to see here here with you.

JEALOUS! oh my, i would have absolutely LOVED to see pride & prejudice at the pcpa theater!!!
(i've wanted to go to a production at that theater forever. i hear they are SO GOOD). p&p would have been amazing im sure.

"ambuh" that is funnnnny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...