Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Journey to Charis



A year ago today, I wrote my "last" blog post. I wasn't sure if I would be returning. I had embarked upon an unexpected journey that I didn't know how to share.

Sometimes you need to be further along in order to know where you have been and where you are going.



“Real isn’t how you are made. It’s a thing that happens to you….Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and you eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all because once you are Real, you can be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.” -Skin Horse to the Velveteen Rabbit – Margery Williams

I've definitely become more "real" along the way... hair loss and all.

Truth be told, I am still in the midst of this journey, and at this point I am still deep in the valley portion. I know that it is not easy to read about dark places, but they are very much a part of life whether we avoid them or not.

I hope that you will follow along in my journey as I try to find glimpses of light. I could use help in retraining my thoughts on things that are noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy.

My greatest hope is that it will be a journey back to charis. Charis is a Greek word that means not only grace, but to be well or to thrive with the joy and strength of the Lord.

That is where I want to be.


Won't you join me, friends? Can you help me get there?

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hey there! I'm so glad you're blogging again- I've missed you this past year :)

Happy Mother's Day!

The Schmidts said...

So good to read your thoughts again. :)

Erin said...

So glad to see you back!

Finding glimpses of light in a dark valley can be challenging. Finding beauty in God's creation is my light that helps me rest in Him and overcome the dreary valley that I'm in.

I will be praying for God's light to penetrate your dark valley to feel His love and comfort to get you through.

Simply Sara said...

linda, i started reading your blog just before you took your break... (think i found you from denise)

dark places are real.

the journey is real.

you are real {and brave} for sharing your beautiful heart.

looking forward to joining you in the journey to seek out charis.

nicole aka gidget said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging!

Denise said...

linda, i so get this.

i don't post about a lot of things. i can't because one- i'm still in the story, and/or two-i'm still working it out in grace and formulating the words.

i have been abandoned again (in a different way) by a parent this last year.

been transplanted to a new church after 17 yrs.

am currently struggling in a relationship.

but i can't write any of that i'm still in the middle of the journey. the words are better formulated when i see things in hindsight which is 20/20.


may God reveal Himself to you, and tell you who you are in Him as you journey (journey= to travel from one place to another).

much love.

TDM Wendy said...

You must have the new Switchfoot album already, right? If not, get NOW. So amazing. From what I have read on your blog so far it is going to speak to you sooooo much.
Love Vice Verses, Restless and souvenirs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...