Saturday, April 3, 2010

Can You Hear Him?


He spoke the world into existence.


His creation speaks of his majesty, beauty, & power.


He spoke to Adam & Eve, Abraham, & Moses.


The prophets of old heard his voice and relayed His messages.


He sent Gabriel to speak to Mary.


His Word became flesh, and He spoke through His Son, Jesus.


Volumes of love and redemption were spoken through His death and resurrection.


"His" story was cannonized and bound in leather.


In the past, I have heard people say that He has spoken,

...and that He doesn't speak today.


But I just can't believe that.


Because I hear the trees and flowers declaring His glory.


I feel His Word speaking to me in ways it didn't 10 years ago.
The voice of His Spirit convicts my heart.


The voices of His children speak into my life, if I bend my ear to listen.


When I pray, I expect Him to answer...


It may not be audible.


It may be "yes," "no," or even "wait."


But I know that He will answer me...


Because I am His.


He is my Good Shepherd, and I listen for His voice.


Where do you hear His voice?

3 comments:

Colleen said...

In the quiet moments surrounded by the beauty of His creation; in the sound of the waves and the feel of the breeze on a summer day; in the kindness of stangers and in encouragement and wisdom from loved ones; in my heart's confidence in things that my mind doesn't understand.

Sweet post. :)

Julie said...

Beautiful words written here...

I hear His voice through many different venues .. In the stillness, in creation, in the words of others, in the relationship with my children.

He speaks to me often with tender words that stun me.

Denise said...

you are right, when we bend our ear to hear him, we do.

when we expect to hear him we do, in the unexpected.

i can't pin point where i hear him, it's in too many wonder-full places. it is in the heights and in the depths of me, and everywhere in between.


he is my good shepherd, i listen for his voice. i depend on hearing his voice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...