Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Household Hints

Good morning! I'm sitting in bed trying to get over a nasty virus this morning. Blah!

I was watching a morning show and got some super simple, but very helpful tips I thought I'd pass along...

Some disappearing tricks...
  • Tip #1: What do you do if you washed and/or dried a crayon in your laundry?? Just wash the clothes again along with regular detergent and a cup of vinegar! The crayon should come right out!
  • Tip #2: What do you do if you get a pen mark or smudge on your clothes?? Use some ordinary rubbing alcohol, a sponge and a bit of "elbow grease" and simply rub it out!
  • Tip #3: What do you do with annoying white deoderant marks on you dark dress or blouse? Take a pair of panty hose and rub them against the white marks and they lift right off!

If I hadn't seen these done with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it! So simple, yet so effective!!

I also love "Bar Keeper's Friend" for getting stains out of my sink. And last time I bought gloves, they were out the medium latex kind I usually buy, so I tried some non-latex white gloves. They are lasting so much longer!!

What's your favorite, simple tip in the land of domesticity?

3 comments:

going kiwi said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. My kids are just getting over it too. I have a couple food secrets to share. If you make something too salty just add a pinch or so of sugar and it cuts the saltiness. I also like to add a little pad of butter to my pasta sauce right at the end of cooking it. It thickens it up without being oily or greasy. You turn the heat off and add the butter then serve.

Jen said...

I need a tip as to where to store or how to file all these tips I read so when I need one I'll remember where to find it :)

Hope you feel better soon!

A.M.H. said...

Great tips! I love stuff like that - but I'm with Jen - I always forget them in the moment.

Here's one I'm thankful I remembered: White Dove bar soap gets out most baby stains. It is particularly useful on those awful blow-outs (sorry for the potty talk!). Just rub the bar soap right on the stain and wash. I am amazed every time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...