Friday, November 20, 2009

My New Name

Monday was my birthday, and I went down to the OC to cash in on a free day at Disneyland. Erin and I got the day started with a little detour to Starbucks (cause I know how to order there now). I asked for a Tall Chai Latte and I told them my name was Linda. The Starbucks lady said, "Sure, Annette, coming right up." Hmmm, I thought... did she just call me Annette? No that couldn't be, because Linda doesn't sound anything like Annette.

Three minutes later, the guy behind the counter was calling for Annette. I didn't want to embarrass him or anything... I mean it wasn't his fault. So I just took the cup, and sure enough, in very pretty cursive writing, there it was... Annette.

So I guess I now have a Starbucks name.

Hello, my name is Annette... may I have a Peppermint Mocha Frap, no whip?

5 comments:

Karen said...

So funny! Just this past week, the guy behind the counter wrote Gale for Gil and then continually called my "wife's" name when his food was ready!!

Jen said...

Hi Annette- it's nice to meet you!

When people ask me my name, I say Jen. 9 out of 10 people will reply back with a confused look on their face "hi Jon, (crinkled eyebrows)". I guess I need to work on my enunciation :)

Denise said...

well it's about time!
http://jonesidosio.blogspot.com/2009/11/rachel-norah.html

jeninslo said...

Funny! I think Patrick should go with you and order as Frankie. :)

When I say my name is Jen, 9 out of 10 people will say "Hi, Jan." So I say Jennifer. About 9 out of 10 will shorten it to Jen almost instantly. I guess I sound like a "Jan" but look like a "Jen."

nicole viola said...

funny story! my best friend always says "annie" at places that require a name even though her name is Rena. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...