Saturday, November 7, 2009

Forgive me, for I have sinned...

My sister-in-law's friend, Caryn, posted a photo of her new bike this week, and I was completely enamored.



Now, normally, I don't find myself coveting other people's lives, stuff, etc. My shopping habits usually stem from necessity, and I still have all my last years' birthday and Christmas money. I'm not kidding.

But, I have to confess that when I saw this bike, I coveted.

This is the sweetest bike I have seen in my entire life. Have I told you that my favorite color for the last 25 years or so is green? Look at the deep forest green frame... oh, and the red spokes and white walled tires are killing me.


Notice the adorable red lacing on the hand grips, which led Caryn to name the bike Pippi. A bike with a Scandinavian paint job named Pippi... could it get any better?




Yes, it could. A girl could ride to farmers market in a flowing skirt and put fresh veggies in the basket. She could ring the little bell and wave to people on the way home.

I need to go repent now.


Update: I decided to take the birthday/Christmas money I was saving to use for a camera lens and I bought this bike. I got to thinking... I could take photos of bikes, or I could ride like the wind on a bike of my own. So I rode, the wind whipping through my hair, all the way down to the ocean in Avila.
I do not regret my decision a bit. I named her Briggita after one of the Von Trapps in the Sound of Music. The hills are alive... and Briggita and I are going to explore them. Yipee!! :)

6 comments:

Jeff and Mindy said...

Completely understandable coveting. That's an adorable bike!

Karen said...

Not to persuade you, but I sure could picture you on that bike. Makes me smile thinking of it... :)

Geoff said...

ok so this is Caryn and not Geoff. But can I say you made his day with your post. He chose this bike for me and is so touched with how much you like it. I am a blessed woman to be married to such a great guy. I hope you'll come take her for a spin. Although I'd love to hear you got one just like her.

The Avilas said...

that bike has "linda" written all over it. now just tell your husband to get you one. after all, you deserve it!

jenn

Karen said...

Hooray! So glad to hear that you bought the bike! Fun times!! Hope you bought a cute helmet, too!!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Such an entertaining post my dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...