Friday, August 28, 2009

A Story of Redemption

I've been reading a true story this week.

A tale of unfaithfuless...

And the destruction that came to a marriage.

But also a tale of forgiveness

And restoration

And new life.

It's the story of a woman named

Sarah Markley

I highly recommend reading it and seeing how God uses it in your life.

My reaction surprised me.

Usually I am deeply touched hearing testimonies of redemption that God has wrought.

I easily celebrate and give God glory.

But as I read, I discovered a wall around my heart I didn't know I had erected.

And I don't want it to be there.

I don't want to be hard and unfeeling.

I don't want to protect myself in return for losing passion and sensitivity.

I want to live.

I want to be vulnerable.

I want to build relationships even if it means potentially getting hurt.

So I'm tearing down the wall.

Brick by brick.

It's scary.

But I think it's worth it.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I've been following her story & I was reminded of God's faithfulness in my life & I'm just really thankful for that.

Denise said...

i admire your honesty and vulnerability. i have torn down many walls "brick by brick," it's hard to do- nasty bricks, but so good in the end.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...