Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bugged Out!


I wonder that I managed to live over 30 years without ever encountering a potato bug!! I had left a pile of laundry in the hallway and hadn't touched it in about 3 days. When I picked the clothes up, there it was... the most hideous 2 inch bug I ever recall seeing. I admit it... I shrieked! Loudly!




My eldest son came running and said, "Oh, cool... a potato bug."



Just as cool as a cucumber! Like it was nothin'!



Boys and bugs... just like peas and carrots!



(Note to self: Don't leave any more laundry piles in the hallway...ever... again.)



7 comments:

Karen said...

Just left a comment on your previous post, but have to say EWWWW to this one! I would have shrieked myself... though as a kid, I would have picked it up, I admit.

Sandy said...

Ewww is right. I once stepped on one on the sidewalk and it squirted all the way up onto my clothes. Serves me right, I guess, for killing one of God's creatures. What is the purpose for those little guys, anyway?

The Schmidts said...

I just found a dead one in my bedroom the other day which means that there used to be a live one in my bedroom--gross!

Anna Hosking said...

Why is it that boys love bugs so much? I really am not a fan - particularly of the potato bug - it is one of the ugliest.

jeninslo said...

I would have shrieked and then said, "oh cool, a potato bug." LOL I've never seen one in real life though, so maybe I wouldn't have recognized it.

Jen said...

Potato bugs are just gross. In fact, all bugs are just gross, I guess that's why I'm not fond of gardening. {{{{Shudder}}}}

Denise said...

my boys has rescued me from many bugs, snakes, lizards,and just last week a mole (shiver)!!

God was so good to give us boy(s).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...