Saturday, May 23, 2009

Coming of Age...


I didn't drink my tea this morning. Then I went the the Strawberry Festival and I felt groggy the whole morning. Someone, who shall remain nameless, told me that the tea I drink doesn't have caffeine in it. I think maybe he might be wrong.


On the way home, I asked Patrick if I could get a bottled Starbucks Frappuccino. A couple years ago, I started drinking these every so often, after I hadn't had any since a camping trip in college. I'm just not a coffee drinker, and I have never understood the big deal about Starbucks. I've had maybe a couple Chai Teas there in my entire 37 years of existence.


Starbucks is a mystery to me. I don't know the world of carmel, vanilla, and chocolate shots. I don't know the difference between espresso this or mochaccino that. I'm not sure if latte means milk or if it's code for some kind of Italian steamed cream. "Iced Single Venti Mocha, No Whip"??? "Double Tall Cappuccino, Extra Dry"??? I think I'd understand Greek better.


Well, Patrick thought it was high time I tried the real deal. So he sauntered into Starbucks and ordered me up a Mocha Frappuccino. Thick, rich, and icy with a mountain of whipped cream on the top, I partook (is that a word?) of the wonderful, coffee nectar.


Today I am completely ruined. I have finally caught up to my peers. And I have experienced a little bit of liquid ecstasy.


Today... I'm a believer.


Tomorrow... I will have to use self control to not to stop and get another Mocha Frappuccino on the way to church.


Because now I speak coffee.


How about you?


What's your poison?




14 comments:

The Avilas said...

Grande Starbuchs Double Shot, NO Classic Syrup, Add 2 pumps Vanilla, shot of half and half....

i know, silly...

but yummy!
Jenn

Sandy said...

I can't stop laughing!!!! I hope Patrick hasn't created a monster...habit, that is.

Love you guys.

Jamie said...

Mine's the same as Jenn's (size and all) except with % milk instead of half and half.

Colleen said...

White Mocha Fraps or Nonfat Mochas (with whipped cream. But I also wait all year for Peppermint Mochas, my true blue fave. Yummm.....

Court said...

Nonfat Mocha with extra shot iced. Or Mocha Frap Light with two extra shots. Both no whip. Or Iced Green Tea. I'm an addict. We should do coffee sometime:) The Starbucks by the guys work knows my name and my drink. They also know TJ and Aaron...it's one of my favorite things to do, have a coffee and talk with Aaron after the morning rush.

CoachZ said...

Double (sometimes triple) Espresso, many times unaltered, but mostly with just a bit of foam. What can I say I just want the caffeine.

If I alter it I'll ask for whip cream instead of the foam and if I feel the need for some sugar I'll ask for 2 caramel shots.

I am getting into ice coffee...I just like to go to Fourbucks and spend $2.

Linda Z said...

Wow, I am getting a serious education in Starbucks lingo here. I can see I've got a lot of learning to do! :)

The Schmidts said...

my gosh Linda, it is high time you give into the addiction! I LOVE iced tall nonfat extra caramel caramel macchiatos. The present for me is always a Starbucks card.

Rob, Kelly, Bennett, and Elodie said...

Well, I used to love a Grande latte w/three splendas (or an iced venti latte w/three splendas), or a grande awake tea...also w/three splendas + milk.

But now (for quite awhile now), I just drink my black tea at home. Still with milk and splenda. And I am proud to say that I do not miss my starbucks one bit.

Do you want to know a trick to making your frap. at home? You can freeze strong coffee or espresso into an ice cube tray. Then, throw your frozen coffee, milk, a little sweetener of your choice, and choco. syrup into the blender and...voila! A much more affordable mocha frappucino!

Fun post; I liked reading it and people's favorite drink comments :).

Jen said...

During the holidays- Nonfat Gingerbread lattes no whip.
During the rest of the year- tall skinny carmel lattes no whip.

Although my absolute favorite coffee is Boyd's. They have it at the am/pm mini marts for $1.00! Can't beat that price :)

summer... said...

COFFEE! straight up coffee. i started with the drinks that cost $4, but the addiction added up. i had to make the switch. so now... coffee with a splash of cream. every single day. beware the addiction is huge. but oh so WONDERFUL!

Denise said...

i use to be a coffee illiterate. i went from that to just a "social drinker." but now, now i know what i want- tall,iced,carmel macchiato, decaf, soy milk, extra carmel, with whip...oh and the name is rachel.
uh huh, i got a starbucks name :-)

Cristina Mathers said...

this post makes my mouth water!! since you are in the south county (where i grew up) you must try Broadway Bagel...they make a moca java frost that is just as yummy and fat free!!! plus it supports local business. it's on grand near cookie crock.

at Starbucks i get a grande non fat latte with an add shot...but i usually try to go local. sadly, not many places are as good as Starbucks though.

Tamara said...

Hahaha This made me laugh :) Anyone will tell you that I'm addicted to Starbucks and pretty much live there (when I'm home... not so much at school). When it's cold I get a Mocha with whip... but if it's not cold I usually get an iced mocha, no whip (the whipped cream dilutes the flavor if it's iced) OR an Orange mango banana Vivanno... soooooo good :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...