Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ode to Audrey: Part 1

I've been thinking a lot about a lot of different things lately. Maybe too much. Then I sit down to write a post, but nothing really comes out right. I'm a processor, and I think I'm still processing some of these thoughts.

In the meantime, until I'm done processing, I thought I'd share my Audrey Hepburn movie review series. Remember back when I did the happy dance? I'm a little nervous to share these, but hopefully one of the four will resonate with you.

Sabrina



One of the shining gems of the silver screen is 1954’s Sabrina. Fresh from winning an Academy Award for Best Actress in Roman Holiday, Audrey Hepburn portrays a chauffeur’s daughter, Sabrina Fairchild, who is hopelessly in love with a high society playboy. William Holden and Humphrey Bogart rounded out the marquee in this charming romantic comedy with a smart, witty script.

Sabrina will probably always reside in my short list of favorite films. It’s a classic Cinderella story with a twist. Sabrina is a plain, unnoticeable girl who longs to be admired and invited to dance. She dreams about experiencing the life she only views from her perch in a tree. What we learn in this tale, however, is that Prince Charming isn’t necessarily the road to happily ever after. Often, love is a journey which reveals our true heart along the way. Love might not be what ignites our passion in a worldly sense, but rather what quietly and surprisingly meets our needs and complements our personality in a subtle, comfortable blending of two lives. Sometimes love is found where we’d least expect it...

if we would only take off our rose colored glasses a moment to see
that it’s really right in front of our eyes.

2 comments:

summer... said...

by far one of my favorite movies too. i have been reading a lot about what it means to truly love someone. it goes right alongside what you have written. it is amazing the actions we get to make because we can love one another.

Cristina Mathers said...

oh i love this movie. i can very much relate to her in this film. if i didn't have a cousin named audrey (after ms. hepburn in fact) i would have name one of the girls that, i think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...