Friday, March 20, 2009

Chocolate Motivation


Jason was potty trained at 2 1/2 years old. It was a surprise really, because Josh wasn't trained until much later. Maybe it's a younger brother thing and he just wanted to emulate his older brother. I'm not sure, but I wasn't about to argue with it. I just bought a pack of M&M's and we got right to training.



Things went very well up until a couple of months ago. I think Jason just decided he was too busy to stop and go, so he started having a lot of accidents. There were so many changes of clothes and loads of laundry that I started getting very frustrated. No amount of reminding or scolding seemed to have any effect at all. I told myself it was just a phase. Apparently not.



So, against my better judgment, I bought some more M&M's. You know what ? No more accidents... imagine that! Chocolate is just a great motivator. I refuse to feel badly about it.

6 comments:

Cristina Mathers said...

don't feel badly about it! it worked for us and my entire family!

Joey, Katie, Judah and Annie said...

We are trying with Judah and he gets a potty treat after using the toilet. Sometimes he hops off the potty mid-stream because he's so excited to get his treat. While frustrating, it's super cute how proud of himself he is.

Karen said...

I think that chocolate is a great idea! I used a chart...
http://amessefamily.blogspot.com/2008/05/potty-training-and-day-i-completely.html
But, now I am thinking I should have started with the chocolate! Maybe I will use it to get Hunter to put the seat down and wash his hands every time... A mom can dream! I just worry that I'd eat the chocolate myself!!

The Schmidts said...

IT motivates me to get out and run after I eat too much of it! And, I hear you on the accident thing. Nayeli can go through like four pairs of pants in a day and then the next day be fine. I too am sick of the laundry (and the smell of the laundry!). -Rhiannon

Bethany Rae said...

That's how my momma trained us! I plan on using the same method :) I hope round 2 goes well & I hope you're rewarding yourself with yummy M&M's too! It's tough work being a mom!

Liz said...

I used jelly belly's with one child & pennies with the other. Use what works!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...