Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bubblicious and Bazooka Joe... Celebrating 15 Years


Fifteen years ago, I was getting ready for one of the best days of my life!!
I got to marry my best friend and begin the commitment of a lifetime.

We met in the college group of my church. You can read about it here!
We were the first of a lot of amazing couples in our group to get married. And as far as I know, I think everyone from that group is still married... praise God!!


Gumshoe from Linda Zalamea on Vimeo.
(If you want to hear the sound better, pause the music at the bottom of the blog first.)

We found this video the other day... it was from a video scavenger hunt we did. Each group had to incorporate certain things... like locations, soundtrack, sound effects, props, etc. We had 4 hours to write a script, film, edit... the whole enchilada. It was done just 16 days after we were married... fresh after our honeymoon. It's so silly... I just had to share it. (It starts off really slowly, but believe me, the acting gets good. Hey, I try to do a New York accent and everything... hehe).

I think the love language Patrick and I have as a couple is "quality time." We have always just loved to be together. Whether it's being silly together, ministering together, raising the kids as a team, going on a hike, or just relaxing in the family room... we just love hanging out! We never run out of things to talk about and we are so thankful that God has given opportunities to grow close to Him and to each other through all our trials and joys!

So we're at Disneyland on our 15th... getting in some great quality time... just the 2 of us!! :)

What's your "love language"?

8 comments:

Jen said...

It was about 2-3 weeks after Franz and I started dating that I asked him to read The Five Love Languages- I wanted to know how I could best show him that I cared deeply for him eventhough we had just met and "love" was way down the line. In turn, he asked me to read The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands! We each read our books and I can't tell you how helpful each book was and has been to our relationship. My love languages are quality time and physical touch.

Congrats on 15 years, that's monumental. I remember the college group days- I longingly watched all of you fall in love wondering when it would be my turn. God had a plan and as hard as it was to follow it, I'm so glad I did :)

Denise said...

happy anniversary!

my love language is quality time, for sure! i can see how i run on empty when life is spinning and we do not get to simply BE together.

Alana said...

Happy Anniversary! 15 years is a big deal! I love looking back on our college "in love" days. Happy times. Let's see...my love language...hmmm...I think quality time used to be my main one, but since getting married and having kids it has become acts of service. Just help me and I'll feel loved ;-)

Linda Z said...

Jen, I think God gave you a great guy!! I hope I get to meet him one of these days!! I'm so glad you waited on God's timing!! He is good and wants the best for you always!!! And if I'm ever in you neck of the woods, I will gladly take some photos of you... although I have no clue what I'm doing!

Tell me what you think of the video... so many memories at FBLC! :) You are probably the only one who'll actually be interested enough to watch it! Kevin slays me.

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Linda! And, Happy Anniversary!! I always like to catch up on yours as well... love the video of the off roading adventure. Looks like your boys are similar to ours - energetic, funny, talkative... :)

Jen said...

Oh geez, that video sure does bring back memories! The sad part is that it looks like that video was made in the 80's! The hairstyles, clothing, etc. crack me up!

Sandy said...

I just watched the video and completely cracked up. Your team did a great job writing and acting with tongue in cheek. It was so fun to see how everyone looked back then, too.

It was also a blast to see where I used to work...the church offices, library and the work room reminded me of some good days spent there with great people.

P.S. Who won the video contest?

Linda Z said...

We won, Mom! :) I think I got some sort of tiny plastic Oscar for my role as Bubblicious. So silly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...