Sunday, January 25, 2009

25 Things...

I got tagged on Facebook...
By 3 different people.
When something happens in 3's... it's usually a sign. :)

So... I wrote 25 things about myself.

And I figured I'd post them here.

Play along if you'd like!



1. I took up the guitar and photography in my 30's... it's never too late.


2. I hate snakes. I used to have recurring nightmares about them.


3. I have an "outie" and I used to get teased incessantly about it by my neighbors! Now that I think about it, that was only 1 of numerous things they teased me about.


4. I prayed that God would send me a good neighbor friend and He did when I was 9. She was a ballerina and an actress. We were like sisters.


5. I always thought I wouldn't be able to have kids of my own and wanted to adopt. Surprise, I have 2 kids of my own, and we're working on adoption.


6. If I didn't know Jesus, I would have probably been an international jewel and/or art thief.


7. I collect seashells and smashed pennies.


8. I love to drive through the countryside listening to the music scores from movies. I have some of my sweetest worship times in those moments.


9. I'm an introvert who likes to have deep conversations and is really uncomfortable with small talk.


10. I disobeyed my parents on our Oahu trip and ended up falling off a cliff. My life flashed in front of my eyes and a tree caught me about 8 feet down.


11. I'm OCD about counting certain things.


12. I love wit and humor, but I have a hard time with sarcasm.


13. I play games to win, but I'm only competetive in a fun way.


14. My favorite literature growing up... Charlotte's Web and To Kill a Mocking Bird.


15. I like musical theater, fast roller coasters, and Mexican food.


16. Sixteen is my favorite number. When I turned 16, I had never been kissed.


17. I met Patrick when I was 17, started courting at 18, and married at 22.


18. Patrick is definitely my other half. We've been through times of joy and major struggles... God has healed our hurts, redeemed what was lost, and continues to make us one.


19. I get very sentimental about the past and have a lot of fond memories of my childhood.


20. My first car was a sweet, mint green Honda Accord. I heart that car... hello, wherever you are.


21. I love to study and teach God's word. It's hard to even express how much I love it.


22. I used to say I would never dye my hair, and now I dye it about every 3 months.


23. I won't sail on a boat if I can't see the land. I love sailboats and catamarans.


24. I can skate like the wind, I love to sing with a choir, and I like to climb very tall trees.


25. I had forgotten how much I liked to write until I started to blog. I used to think blogs were lame.

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Hey! I got tagged 3 times too... still haven't done it yet ;)

Denise said...

i think we are the same person!

guitar in my 30's
hate snakes (afraid they may be in toilet)
i love to just drive and listen to music (or sing at the top of my lungs)it is always the sweetest worship.
i'm an extrovert, with an introverts heart. i love deep conversation.
i went off a 14 ft cliff once
my favorite number is 16 (could be because of our birthday)!
i heart my first car 65 ford falcon, and miss it still.
i said i would never dye my hair. yep, and do every 3 months.
i got rollerskates for my 34th birthday :-)
and will sing no matter where i am, or who i am with. there is always a song playing in my heart.
i use to think blogs were lame.

Linda Z said...

Tamara... I loved your "loves." I think that's even better than 25 things! :)

Denise...that is funny.
We are like Blog Twins or something. What's really weird is that if I were born first, instead of my brother, my parents would have named me Denise. :P

Sandy said...

Such fun to read this. The international jewel/art thief comment begs an explanation!!! Ha. I know the secret behind it, but Interpol may not.

Love you.

Karen said...

Linda,

You are such a neat person! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog...I sometimes wish that more of my lurkers would de-lurk (un-lurk?). It was fun to read your list...
#2 I can't stand to be near them!
#8 Gil and I would do this through Edna Valley all of the time, now we do it along the coast - when we can.
#9 Sooo me... part of my trouble with church, I think. Love the worship/teaching, struggle with the social aspect.
#19 Me too!
#25 I used to think that bloggers were really self-absorbed, but now I love to have that outlet and hope that our boys will enjoy reading about their childhood. :)

I hope you have a fantastic week with your little men!

Stephanie Dollahite said...

Hi Linda! I love your blog(s), 25 things, photos etc! So fun, we miss all you at Calvary SLO. Neat that you guys are going through the adoption process. We can pray for you now... cool the stuff we can learn about one another through blogs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...