Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hometown Harvest Parade

Every Fall,
there's a festive little Harvest Parade
in my town.


I saw a darling donkey... or was a mule?




Melodious marching bands...

A lovely lass in a red wagon...



Hilarious hardware hoofers...



A daring derby driver...



A fantastic fire truck...



Wait a minute...

Let's zoom in closer!!
I thought this one looked familiar!!

It's my handsome son looking so dapper
in his Cub Scout uniform!!


I could hardly stand how cute he looked in his first parade!!


I had to bite down on the knuckle of my forefinger...

just so I wouldn't shout out something completely embarrassing, something like...


"There's my lil' muffin...
you look so cute
I could just eat you right up!!"

6 comments:

devon said...

Linda those pictures are so great! It was so fun to have you and Patrick at the Fall Fun Party! It was nice to catch up with you! Thanks for sharing about your time when Patrick was getting his MBA it helped me be patient with Tim. here is my blog is you want to check it out.
www.devwatkins.blogspot.com

Denise said...

SHOUT AWAY!!! i always do. my kids expect me to shout, "oh mommy," i get with a smile and a hug.
they are caught between being embarrassed and delighted in. delighted in always wins (for now).
and your boy does look handsome!

Sandy said...

Cute, cute cub. I'd shout, too
Hearts to you all.

Linda Z said...

Devon-loved chatting with you at the party!! It was such a huge encouragement to me! Thanks so much for sharing how much HB meant to you... couldn't have come at a better time! :)

Denise & Mom- Believe me, I did yell his name really loud and wave furiously!! But I saved the comment on how cute he was for later... he rolled his eyes and said, "Oh, please!!" but I know he likes it deep down!! :)

Soderin Family said...

he is a cutie! it must be hard not to continue to baby your kiddos as they mature. i can just picture myself yelling something embarrassing at noah's first soccer game.

Alana said...

I have a cub scout, too! Looks like such a fun day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...