Friday, August 29, 2008

Burial at Sea

William Sandry Northridge
November 18, 1926 ~ August 17, 2008


On Moday, I attended a memorial service...

a time to say goodbye to my Uncle Bill




He was a man of character

a compassionate conservative


a gentle soul
with a memorable laugh


an advertising executive

who followed in his father's footsteps




and a Navy man

who participated in the liberation of the Philippines in WWII


It was fitting that he was buried at sea


You are loved and will be missed.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Thank you, Lin, for posting this tribute to Bill. It brought a torrent of tears, but they were good tears. I thank God for all the memories of my precious brother. He had a gentle, sweet spirit and I will hold him in my heart forever.

I love you.
Mom

Denise said...

beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...