Saturday, July 26, 2008

I've been tagged...

The ABC's of Me

A. Attached or single? Very attached... Patrick is definitely my other half! It's hard to even remember being single!

B. Best friend? Patrick & Mom / Lots of other very special friends!! I was never good with the "best friend" moniker... don't like people feeling left out!

C. Cake or Pie? Chocolate chocolate cake from Costco or Mom's perfect apple pie with the flaky crust and the tart apples.

D. Day of choice? Thursday... my Bible study day, and I know the weekend's right around the corner.

E. Essential items? Bible, lipstick, hair dryer, watch, glasses (if I am not wearing these, be assured I will not know who you are until you're within a 5 foot range.)

F. Favorite color(s)? green & earth tones

G. Gummy bears or worms? I'd rather have Sour Patch Kids, but don't like the way any of them get stuck in my teeth.

H. Hometown? La Canada, CA, where people actually are rocket scientists, but I was on the border of La Crescenta and grew up with friends in that school system. Go CV Falcons!! See big hair senior photo here.

I. Favorite indulgence? Ben & Jerry's Phish Food or Ghirardelli brownies... man, why'd I have to go and bring those up!!

J. January or July? July... I'm usually healthy enough to enjoy it! And I like the 4th!

K. Kids? 2 cute boys

L. Life isn't complete without? Jesus... He makes life worth the living

M. Marriage date? January 8, 1994 (Elvis' B'day... uh huh huh)

N. Number of brothers and sisters? 1 older brother

O. Oranges or apples? Apples-Fuji, Pink Lady, or Gravenstein

P. Phobias? Snakes in the toilet when I am going (I have this one, too, Denise!! So weird!) Also, I'd rather not die by drowning.

Q. Quotes- "Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold." S.E. Hinton (I know it's more of a line, but I've always liked it!); "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt; "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

R. Reasons to smile? Today was a warm, sunny day and I got to spend it with my family!

S. Season of choice? I like the transition between summer and fall.

T. Tag 5 people: Anna, Courtney, Nicole, Drea, April

U. Unknown fact about me? I am a nerd, I have a sword hanging in my bedroom, I would like to sing with a jazz band someday, and I've never had alcohol (umm... it smells yucky!). You'll do best not to analyze any of this... I am very complex!

V. Vacation of choice? Hawaii or a summer camp (yes, I'm aware they are opposites!)

W. Worst habit? Procrastinating and not washing my face at night.

X. X-ray or ultrasound? Ultrasound... radiation isn't too appealing to me. I don't even like to x-ray my teeth.

Y. Your favorite food? Shredded chicken tostada, grilled chicken or fish with garlic mashed potatoes, strawberries... not all at the same time! My family said this is not true... they said my favorite food is chocolate! Who me??

Z. Zodiac sign? Scorpio and Year of the Pig. There was a girl in high school who followed me around trying to analyze me and figure out my sign. It was amusing... she never did get it right! I kept telling her that Jesus gives me all the direction I need... I'm still convinced.

6 comments:

Denise said...

This was fun to read!
i loved your C.S. lewis quote.
and i too would hate to die by drowning.
oh, and what fun would it be to sing with a jazz band.."i love coffee, i love tea, i love my java joe and it loves me, coffee and tea, and my java and me, a cup,a cup,a cup,a cup, a cup,ah!"

Court said...

Great fun to read this! I will work on mine in the next day or two. Hope you guys are good!

Soderin Family said...

i just checked your high school pic...you are and were so beautiful. your hair is awesome!! i say let's bring big hair back!

Summer said...

HI! this is so funny! todd && i were walking through costco & saw patrick & 1 of your boys. he even said... 'i know that guy! i think it's patrick. lisa's brother!' he says hi back. your boys are super cute! it's nice to meet you via blogspot!

Linda Z said...

Denise-you are too cute!

Courtney-Your newly cut hair looks beautiful!!

Drea-Thanks!! We should definitely bring back the hair... at least for a random 80's bowling night or something! :)

Summer-Good to meet you, too! How funny that you saw Patrick at Costco! We'll have to try and get together sometime! :)

aprilmae said...

I have never been tagged before! This will be good and actually make me post something on my blog. I had all these good intentions to update my blog over the summer, and now I only have a week left! We should get together before I start school. Are you all feeling better at Casa Zalamea yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...