Monday, May 26, 2008

Bitter Sweet


Last night was bitter sweet. I was a bundle of different emotions... laughing, crying, happy, sad. All in a few hours time. I had the wonderful opportunity to sing at a Memorial Day concert at the PAC with "Gracefull." We sang with an orchestra and a guest performer, Jubilant Sykes, who was so moving... his amazing, powerful voice still resonates in my mind a day later! I smiled as we sang vibrant, patriotic and Americana songs and moments later, I was fighting back tears as we remembered fallen soldiers and honored those in our audience who had served, or are currently serving in the military. I spent time reflecting on the brevity of life and how I am so joyful that through the sacrifice of Christ, God has provided a life for me beyond this one.




Along those lines, my favorite song of the evening was titled "No More Night." I believe it is based on Revelation 21-22, and it speaks of a day when we can dwell with God in all His glory, pain and darkness dispersed by His astounding light... so weighty and wonderful and full of great hope. It takes my breath away!

"No More Night" by Walt Harrah

The timeless theme, earth and heaven will pass away.
It's not a dream, he will make all things new that day.
Gone is the curse from which I stumbled and fell;
Evil is banished to eternal hell.

No more night, no more pain,
No more tears, never crying again.
Praises to the great "I AM,"
We will live in the light of the risen Lamb.

See all around, now the nations bow down to sing.
The only sound is the praises to Christ, our King.
Slowly the names from the book are read;
I know the King, there's no need to dread.

Chorus

See over there, it's a mansion prepared for me
Where I can live with my Savior eternally.

Chorus

We will live in the light of the risen Lamb.
Halleluiah to the risen Lamb!


It has been such an incredible blessing and honor to sing with Gracefull this year... I can hardly begin to put into words what it has meant to me. It has been incredible to be welcomed into this musical community, to learn so much scripture, to glean from men and women of all ages, to listen to all the voices around me working together in their own melodies and harmonies to bring glory and honor to God. Also a great honor, was having the opportunity to sing under Glenn Pickett, who will be leaving this summer to take a position at a university down south. While I learned and was encouraged so much musically under his direction, what I will truly always remember about him is his beautiful heart to shepherd and pastor God's flock, building them up in love and with grace.

May the Lord truly bless you, Glenn and Julie, as you venture into this new adventure for the Kingdom.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Linda- That is SOOo cool that you got to sing with them. Sounds like an awesome experience.

PS I've been gently mashing my bread the past few days and will be on to the next step tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!

steps said...

thanks for your thoughts! I was loving being in Slovenia with my daughter, but was sorry to miss that wonderful evening.
Liz Stepanian :)

charox said...

Wow, Linda! I had no idea that you are in a choir! I bet it was incredible to sing at the PAC! I've always wanted to experience the acoustics in that place from the stage!

Denise said...

sounds like a wonderful experience!

beautiful pix.
it is an awesome thing "listening to all the voices around, work together in their own melodies and harmonies to bring glory and honor to God." i love that feeling when the voices and spirits come together, and take off into the holy of holies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...