Friday, April 18, 2008

Looking Through the Eyes of Love


I was recently on my Pastor Bryan's blog commenting on how I actually like "The Wiggles," have been to one of their concerts and have a picture of Josh and I with the yellow one (Greg). If only I knew where it was, I'd post it. I also admitted to liking figure skating which is of real concern to our friend James. So I'd like to dedicate this entry to James (and his lovely wife Wendy, too).

Above is an artistic rendering of Patrick and I after we skated our Rodin program, in '94, to the music of Vocalise by Rachmaninoff. It was an amazing piece, choreographed by Marina Zueva. It was the perfect blend of romance, artistry, and athleticism. We executed it flawlessly. Oh wait, I'm sorry... that was actually Gordeeva and Grinkov. In my humble opinion, they were the best pairs skaters who ever graced the ice. I actually cry when I watch this program... they were that good.

Here's that which I speak of... to me it's like a beautiful interpretation of the heart of Genesis 2 and the Song on Solomon... the mystery of two people becoming one through marriage, edifying one another, and glorifying their Creator. Breathtaking.


Sigh... Sigh...

What more can I say??!

3 comments:

Linda Z said...

BTW, you can pause the music at the bottom of the blog so you can watch YouTube without conflicting tunes. You'll be glad you did! :)

Linda Z said...

P.S. Thank you for doing this caricature with me, hon. If that isn't proof of your love for me, I don't know what is!!

bryan.stupar said...

awe man! i thought it was gonna be real...not a caricature!


pretty funny though....i hear pat is a wiz at the "Hamel, camel".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...