Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mod Podge... Who Knew??


Does anyone remember the crafting scene about 15-20 years ago? As I recall, it had a lot to do with decoupage and dried flowers. Several dried flower arrangements graced the house during those years, but I couldn't for the life of me understand why people would want to decoupage their furniture and other random objects.

On Tuesday I saw the Mod Podge (translation: the stuff you use to decoupage) light. I was trying to think of something cute to give Joshua's student teacher as a farewell gift, and I came up with the idea of decorating a clipboard... thus the wild decoupaging frenzy begin. Josh helped out and it was done in no time. Basically, it's just advanced cut and paste. All we ever need to know we learned in Kindergarten, right?

I like to create. I guess that's cause we're made in the image of our Creator. Can you imagine what it must have felt like to be God and stand back after each day of creation and say, "It is good." If I'm this excited about decoupage, He must have been just busting at the seams!! No wonder He wanted to make people to share it all with. Today I'm going to listen closely to see if I can hear all of creation shouting out His praise.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...