Sunday, February 24, 2008

Overwhelmed...

I am a bit overwhelmed by life today. It is more than I can take in. My family has had many illnesses in the last month, and I haven't spent very much time with people, so going to church today was almost too much. I felt awkward and more socially inept than usual. I wanted to crawl in a hole, and instead I went shopping. I'm not sure why... I don't even like to shop.

In the last few days, I have been swimming in thoughts about the fragility of life. Twice this week, my youngest had breathing difficulties... once from croup and once from a choking incident. Everything could have changed in a moment.

Last night, God blessed my friend with a new baby girl. She is a miracle. During the same night, He also saw fit to take my aunt home to be with Him. There was no sickness, not a single warning. She just left this earth quietly. Hello and goodbye. Joy and sadness.

"The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."
Job 1:20

2 comments:

Anna Hosking said...

Lately that same thought has been pressing on my heart. I am just continually reminded that the blessings I have here on earth are so temporary and he can so easily take them away...including loved ones. But, instead of being discouraged by this understanding, I have been encouraged to make every moment count! When my hubby is totally exasperating (sp?) I am reminded to be thankful for him and to cherise him while he is mine.

Linda Z said...

Thanks for the thoughts, Anna. There is definitely a fine line between wallowing and living purposefully. I do want the time God has given me to count and to live life as the gift that it is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...