Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Through the Looking Glass

I've often thought about having a blog, but I always get stuck on 2 things... What would I call it? and What would I write about?

Recently, the Lord has been prompting me to do some serious clean up in my heart. You see, a critical spirit has infiltrated, and I've declared war against it. Ugly, with a horrible personality, my flesh has dwelt on things it has no business dwelling on. So as I am slaying the beast, it came to my attention through something I read recently, that when you take something bad out of your life, you need to replace it with good, so that you won't gravitate back to the bad.

A great passage came to mind. Philippians 4:4-8 says...

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
5 Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

So as I step through the looking glass into the blogosphere, I will think on these things...

2 comments:

CoachZ said...

Welcome to the blogosphere honey! Even though I'm sitting across the room from you...I wanted to be the first to post on your sweet blog!

Denise said...

Thanks for the comment today. It is always fun to meet someone new in blog-land.
I want to encourage you,by saying that blogging has helped me with my thoughts. I am daily considering things to blog on, and this causes me to think on lovely, pure, true, righteous things.
I have also been so blessed by the godly friends I have made here, and by their lives and encouragements.
I look forward to reading more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...